Thread: Flooding in North East - OT

Flooding in North East - OT

We were expecting a major rain and I was water-proofing my basement shop this past week. However, the flooding happened anyway and I got about an inch of water in my shop. I spent another (Sunday was the first one) day removing water and cleaning.

Luckily, no damage was done to my tools to wood. I have a pretty powerful exhaust fan running non-stop to dry the place and I am monitoring humidity (not building up luckily). A serious conversation is due with my landlord and I might have to look for another workshop.

Nothing compares to earthquake and tsunami tragedy in Japan, but it has seriously messed up my work schedule this week.

I apologize to folks I owe work and will get back to work tomorrow. Should have 5 handles done over this weekend.

Marko

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Marko,

Glad is wasn't any worse. I agree with your sentiments about the tragedy in Japan.

Take care,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    That sucks for sure, I'm feeling for ya.
    The only good think is it doesn't happen often. The water table is high, so with 4-6" of rain, not much can be done.

m

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com