Special Offer for KKF Members Only

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I have a number of boards in stock that I will offer free shipping to KKF members this week, Monday 11/28 to Saturday 12/3 at 5 pm.

This is limited to the following sizes:
2 x 12 x 16
Maple - 4
Cherry - 1
Walnut -1

2 x 14 x 18
Maple - 5
Mahogany - 1
Cherry - 2
Walnut - 2

2 x 14 x 20
Maple - 7
Cherry - 2
Walnut - 5

Standard pricing will apply to all boards and I will include the UPS domestic charges for USA packages. For International, I will discount the international postage rates by the usual rates for domestic shipping. Contact me directly for the international shipping rates.

To order, contact me directly by email, through my web site contact page or call me directly at 336 803-0434 or 336 431-0436.

This offer applies to in-stock boards for the above listed sizes only. This offer is NOT available through the web site shopping cart.

DO IT!

DON'T HIDE YOURSELF!

Get the boooooard.

My Boardsmith board is a sound investment that I never think twice about recommending. I enjoy cooking more with it. It makes my whole kitchen better.

Love my board as well... and keep thinking of getting a second... Mmmm maybe I can guilt my wife into letting me get a new board sense she broke one of my cast iron skillets :p (why do I see that not happening lol)

What? - 17 gyutos and only one Boardsmith board? Get at least two! :)

Stefan

I had a question asked about the sizes I am offering, why are they different from the web site offerings?

Every once in a while, a customer asks for an in-between size to fit their kitchen space so I try to keep some around for those requests. Also, when I make a larger board, sometimes an otherwise undetected defect shows up on an edge which makes it unsellable at that size. So I cut out the defect and make a smaller board. If the undetected defect is in the middle of the board, out it goes. Last, but not least, when I go to craft shows, the smaller boards seem to sell better and are easier to handle.

Hope that may clear up the size questions.

You'll have a few orders from me this holiday season David (though probably not by Saturday). Just need to get some measurements, make sure I order the right sizes.

I bought myself a maple Boos board many months ago now for myself, right about the time I got interested in sharpening (then knives, etc.). I read about your boards before it even arrived, and knew I had made a mistake. Since that day, it has resided (in plastic) under my bed. I plan to gift it to my sister for Christmas and get myself one of yours instead! I feel only slightly guilty about it, but the Boos should be a nice upgrade over her poly boards, even if it is not a Boardsmith.

Hmm... every Christmas my mom usually ends up spending lots of cash on things that I don't want or need, so maybe I can convince her to let me buy her present to me for her this year and she can pay me back later....

Love my BoardSMITH board, but my second was actually my first and is a large Boos (didn't know about BoardSMITH yet). Now if I could only get my knife block back I'd be all set.

Jeff

*Sigh*. After dealing with Dave for my boards, I have found that I caught the dreaded disease "Boardsmithitis". The upshot is that I was compelled to buy 5 (count 'em) 5 boards as Christmas presents for friends and family. I wonder if there is any cure for it. I haven't found it yet and I sure hope not!:lol2:

Latest posts

Back