Quantcast
Workshop picture tour. - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Workshop picture tour.

Interesting and impressive Will. Looking at pictures of your work brings to mind Tim Burton movies for some reason...dark and unusual and creative. The little gate (first picture on post #25) the best.

Funny you should say that. I was asked to design some Tim Burton-esc gates for one of these dream home builds projects. They were very keen but as tends to happen with these projects they ran out of money building the dream home before they got to any Ironwork.

A new addition to the workshop..... An old Avery hardness tester from e-bay. It works too
    Will be nice to be able to do my testing in shop now.
    This feather damascus blade tested between 59 and 60 hrc on the tang.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post

Man, I would LOVE to learn to make stuff you make. Absolutely stunning work!!!

Congrats on the hardness tester - an essential tool to have.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Thanks Marko, I'm sure you would pick it up no problems. But beware, getting stuff hot and hitting it is as addictive as Kitchen Knives
    Your welcome to come and have a play if your ever over here.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Thanks Marko, I'm sure you would pick it up no problems. But beware, getting stuff hot and hitting it is as addictive as Kitchen Knives
    Your welcome to come and have a play if your ever over here.
    I know. I have been fascinating about blacksmithing since a kid, but never had an opportunity to get into it.

I will definitely visit your shop should I be in your side of woods. You are likewise are welcome to visit.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

A couple of new tools hustled today, both CE rated which is european for health and safety, guards, safety features, wiring and checked. So at least my apprentice will have two tools to learn on. We will introduce Barney in a few weeks when we have settled in a bit. He is going to be good, I can tell.
    But for now the toys err tools.
    A Grit Profi 50
    I think an EU copy of a Wilton square wheel?

Used as a demo machine once, can't believe my luck, they are not made anymore and it was a bargain. Have plans to install speed control, new platen with fitting for small wheels one side, 100mm wheel the other side and a more variable quick change platen face. Can put a large wheel on in place of the whole platen assembly.
    Will be delivered soon with a horizontal belt grinder running 75mm x 2000 belts 4hp 3 phase, should hog, has a 1400 setting so will use this for tapering and the very start of bevels. I pop some in situ updates as we go, going to need to have a bit of a reorganise in there and pick up some extraction stuff.

No idea what any of that means but awesome to hear that your business is growing and that you will have some company! Congratulations!

Very cool to see you gearing up for more production. Looking forward to more shots of WIP. Should be a real plus having an guy with experience you can work with. Keep us posted Will.

Will, all of your work is just as incredible as your knives! Thanks for sharing all the photos! Hoping someday to add a Catchside to my collection!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

+ Reply to Thread