Quantcast
Workshop picture tour. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Workshop picture tour.

Its a bit more messsy right now than in the pictures. A healthy busy mess though Thanks Don I'll dig out some work highlights from over the years when I have a moment.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Metal working has always been a mystery to me but I do understand machinery and shops. "Metal Land" looks terrific and I am impressed.

Nice tour, Will. I especially like your 'tree'.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Thanks guys, I can see it evolving with a few different bits of kit. I've been making damascus all week and i'm thinking of things I could build to make the process smoother.
    Dave the tree is going to be a water feature, it will have leaves going all around the outside as well which will fill and pass it around the sphere. Should look pretty good. I did some twisty leaf floor lamps in the same sort of style recently with a cylinder of leaves.

As promised a few Highlights from over the years.

I really like your work, Will. Your style looks completely unique...very dynamic. A little Gaudi, a little Steampunk, totally Catcheside! Those gates are magnificent.
    If I ever win the lottery, will you do my ornamental ironwork?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Thanks Dave, your very kind.
    Yeah, lottery win ironwork, that would be something, stainless damascus gates?

wow!.. that really makes you an iron Monger..!

for once I am beginning to appreciate iron works. Will now open my eyes to sculptic iron works.. can now understand the type and effort involved in making them. I suppose knife making is entirely different but the effort is no less different.

the above pics accounts for the steep learning curve in knife making. By my layman estimate, the equipment that you have would run in 6 figures at the very least.

I certainly look fwd to receiving the test stainless blue paper core with the "bleeding carbon" as I believe/ expect or rather hope that the shape and contour of the patina can be dramatic against the stainless portion and become a slave to another collectable knife piece...

hv a nice week-end..

rgds
    d

Great stuff, Will! Maybe you can relocate to the US; you'd have a good customer base