Quantcast
I like this forum! Vote of confidence for Dave - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I like this forum! Vote of confidence for Dave

I get a little embarrassed by this type of thing but I appreciate all the sentiments being expressed here. Thank you

This is a good opportunity for me to say thanks back to you guys as well because this place is nothing without all of us contributing. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do here - everyone is important - because this is a community not just a forum. The community is what's alive here, the forum is just the house that we gather in.

I'm working on my 6th knife now, and I would not have made anything like the progress that I have so far without this forum and all the helpful stuff that I learn here. This is a good thing™!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I don't like to think about where I'd still be with knives and sharpening if there was no KKF.
    I've learned so much thanks to this site and It's community. Thanks for providing a venue for all of this to take place Dave.

I spend way too much time here, so it can't be all bad. And I understand now that Dave is completely nuts (a professional term...) for running a forum. Thanks to him for doing this and thanks to the Mods for helping out!

Stefan

I agree, my understanding of steel, knives and edge maintenance have improved tenfold since joining KKF. While I'm not quite sure where my passion for all things sharp comes from, I'm glad to be a part of this friendly and skilled bunch.

I love this place, you all keep me chuckling on a regular basis. Not to even go into the amount I've learned here and the warmth and generosity of which i've been received here. Its great!

You wouldn't know it from my post count but I actually do like to spend some time here occasionally.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Thanks Dave.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I too like this forum. All forums (vendors or not) are hard to manage and most (- some-) break down at some point. Some growing pains and a couple of delicate issues aside, it is nice place to hang and I think the direction is positive.

k.
    Dave, you seem to be on the right track... continued success and knowledge.

Ballsy to start this up, thanks for the venue.

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    Dave, you seem to be on the right track... continued success and knowledge.

Ballsy to start this up, thanks for the venue.

+ Reply to Thread