Quantcast
UPS brought me more cool stuff! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UPS brought me more cool stuff!

I was starting to think the same thing about doing both.
    Here is an individual block positioned like I usually do for my web store.
    The 1st one (photo) looks more like it would in daylight setting. Colors are accurate.

The 2nd one (scan) looks how it would if you hold it directly under a bright light.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

interesting. the color is a lot better on the normal pic. i guess that is to be expected. you definitely need to normal photos.

This stuff is obviously worthless, send it to me and I will dispose of it for you, no charge!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    This stuff is obviously worthless, send it to me and I will dispose of it for you, no charge!
    no, no,'no. I can use it to fuel my wood burning oven, and I'll break down and pay the shipping.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    interesting. the color is a lot better on the normal pic. i guess that is to be expected. you definitely need to normal photos.
    I would assume that the lens and the software in your camera are better than in the scanner, but the scanner resolution looks decent enough for web pics. So, you could just import the scanned jpgs into a photo software, boost the contrast and saturation a little bit, and get the best of both. Of course, you still get only 2 dimensions that way.

Stefan

Given the variation in the calibration from computer to computer and monitor to monitor what you post is pretty much irrelevant to what people will actually see, color wise. Keep posting anyway.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

the for reall pics are easer for me to judge how the sapwood and grain run

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Given the variation in the calibration from computer to computer and monitor to monitor what you post is pretty much irrelevant to what people will actually see, color wise. Keep posting anyway.
    True. Nevertheless, I bet the scanner pics look worse on most, if not all monitors.

I really like the scanned pictures. The color is going to change when it is finished anyway, and like Spike said, monitor calibrations are different all over. You could also do what Stefan said and adjust some sliders in any number of free photo editing software and get the color to better reflect how it looks.

Or just include both when you can. I mean, it's only twice the work.

I would be grabbing one of these if I hadn't just gotten some like this last week.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Mango Blocks Video

I cleaned up some of the Mango and posted some for sale at BF because I was requested to do so by a regular customer.
    First I posted a couple photos and they just didn't look near as nice as in real life.

Then I tried making a video. That showed the blocks a lot better.

Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store