Quantcast
Konosuke HD Funayuki 240mm? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Konosuke HD Funayuki 240mm?

Thanks for the heads-up, tk59 and NOChoP! That clears up some things.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    It looks like a Carter funy to me. As for thinness, some KS and honyaki are thinner than the KonHD near the tip. They are only thicker toward the heel. I'm sure they will work just fine.
    TK, good catch. I see the Carter in it now. I've never handled one myself so the next closest profile I had to compare it to was my KS. I'd definitely like to try one at some point (both carter and this knife ). Anyway, on paper this would seem to solve the issue for those who thought konosuke had too high of a tip or mucho belly.

I can definitely see the tip of this knife being much easier to use than the standard Kono.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    To go along with that question is this, "Do you have the skills to extract the difference"? I know I don't and probably never will. So when the choices are this close I let the source for the purchase and the aesthetics of the item be the deciding factor.
    Sharpening skills.... not a chance, Knife skills.. its possible on a good day

I really like the flatter and pointer profile on knives, I would love to try this knife out, if anyone gets it id like to know what they think. Im sure its quite thin being a Konosuke.

If you like the profile just get a Carter or a Masamoto KS. Why get the Toyota Camry version?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

very true, not sure if i could afford a carter. I think i will go with the KS, although want to try out a few customs as well. Not sure which steel i want to go with either for my next knife.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    If you like the profile just get a Carter or a Masamoto KS. Why get the Toyota Camry version?
    I dunno. It's nicer finished than a Carter or KS and it's semi-stainless. I think there's a niche. Konosuke was missing something a bit flatter.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I dunno. It's nicer finished than a Carter or KS and it's semi-stainless. I think there's a niche. Konosuke was missing something a bit flatter.
    I know, I was just being a d!ck.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I know, I was just being a d!ck.
    Hahahaha, I was going to comment on your Camry comparison as I thought was waaay off base, but knew you were just poking at your hate for Konosuke.

Why don't you like konosuke?