Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Konosuke HD Funayuki 240mm?

Quote Originally Posted by jgraeff View Post
    Why don't you like konosuke?
    I don't dislike them, I just don't love them. I don't really like the profile, and I usually prefer a thicker and less flexible knife. They are just popular and vanilla that I like to rally against them, haha. I do like their ebony handles with the blonde/marble ferrules. And Rick's mioroshi deba is pretty badass.

They are good knives, reliable and consistent, tons of people own them and love them...just like Toyota Camry's.

Little known fact: the knife in my avatar is the Kono-clone Sakai Yusuke gyuto.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

That makes sense, everyone has their own opinions on what they like for different reasons. And ya Ricks deba is pretty wicked knife.

And interesting about the display picture.

i have a funayuki hd 240mm on order. i already own a white steel #2 kono 270mm and i look forward to getting something a little shorter, flatter and semi stainless for work. i would love to own a carter but theyre really out of my price range. next best thing maybe?

You should try one of their Fujiyama gyuto's

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I don't dislike them, I just don't love them. I don't really like the profile, and I usually prefer a thicker and less flexible knife. They are just popular and vanilla that I like to rally against them, haha. I do like their ebony handles with the blonde/marble ferrules. And Rick's mioroshi deba is pretty badass.

They are good knives, reliable and consistent, tons of people own them and love them...just like Toyota Camry's.

Little known fact: the knife in my avatar is the Kono-clone Sakai Yusuke gyuto.

I'm actually contemplating one of these in 270mm. I'm curious if anyone has any more input in regards to the funayuki over the past year. Would love to hear some pros/ cons. I've already spent time with a kono nakiri hd, some I'm already familiar with the steel without disappointment.

have you checked out the new sakai yusuke w/ the flatter profile on ebay? theres a nice review of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    You should try one of their Fujiyama gyuto's
    (slowest reply ever)

I have used one. Other than it being quite short for a 240mm, I enjoyed it very much. My anti-kono stance is based more on the common white/hd ones. And I'm half joking.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    And Rick's mioroshi deba is pretty badass.
    (even slower than your earlier reply)

Thanks
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    have you checked out the new sakai yusuke w/ the flatter profile on ebay? theres a nice review of it.
    ok, expanding my learning curve. just looked it up, haven't heard of it before. which ones are the "New" ones. curious what their story is...

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    ok, expanding my learning curve. just looked it up, haven't heard of it before. which ones are the "New" ones. curious what their story is...
    I believe this is it...

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...d-pic-heavy%29
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right