Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Crazy Waiting

Going Crazy Waiting

I've been awaiting a proposal from the owners of a place that want to hire me as their chef/kitchen manager for two days now. Hopefully it shows up later tonight.

Its actually been alot worse on my wife, she has next to zero patience. Today the had me fax back an actual application for the job, which contained a section about what I would like to make. I left that part vague basically marking the box that said "above x amount" then asked me put down a number I wrote down "open to negotiate". I just heard back from them that they received my fax. I really just want to hear their figure first and I know they want to see mine since of course they want to get me as cheaply as possible.

I just hate the whole song and dance of the thing eh

Good luck!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Good luck!
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Good luck!
    +1. Haha. I thought this was gonna be a custom knife thread.

Well, did you get the job?

it does sound like someone going crazy waiting for their custom work.

best of luck
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Yeah I've got the job that isn't the issue its the pay and they finally submitted their offer yesterday. It is way low. Less than what I make now but its just the initial offer, we have a meeting monday to go over compensation and bonus structure and all that. Its a great job opportunity and one I'd be will to take for at worst what I make now but not less. I'm sure it'll get worked out and if not I've got a good job now so I'm not in a hurry or rush to grab whatever comes by.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    +1. Haha. I thought this was gonna be a custom knife thread.
    Thought the same thing. Too bad the solution wasn't the same as it is for customs: just buy/get on waiting lists every few months so in a couple of years there is a steady trickle to control the craze.

I hope all goes well in the negotiations.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Well negotiations went very well. Got the amount I was looking for pay wise. I may have been able to get more, but I've never been one to be greedy. I'm excited for this new opportunity and most of all excited to be back in a restaurant

Congratulations!