Media You Got To See This One

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I think we can use a separate thread for makers. :)

[video=youtube;_lSnCTA6RpI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSnCTA6RpI[/video]

Yep, Mike Snody coolest knife maker out there. He makes small to medium sized every day carry fixed bladed knives mostly. Looks like he is getting in on the kitchen lnife scene.

Hoss

That wilton square wheel is pretty sweet. Looks like he keeps it clean.

Maybe Dave needs to do one of these. Just like this one.

I'm working really hard on that walking in slow motion thing, it is evidently very important in high level knife making!

He's covering as many demographics as one man can: heavily tattooed dude who makes knives, wears cool polo shirts, listens to gangsta rap, and has a futuristic digital lettering design logo. What is not to like?

W. T. F.?! Not sure why, but I nearly bust a nut watching this. I can only hope this was self-satire and not intended as a serious vid.

At least.. he is making an effort in marketing his knives and Brand of knives..

Thats a positive step.. Who knows? Maybe he is selling alot of knives to the rap or gangsta crowd??

rgds
d

Seems to be lacking scantily clad women...I wonder why?

one of my favorite exchanges from his YouTube comments:

Uploader Comments (SnodyKnives)

you aint huslan **** *****. i want to order big especially the bling shot but your call center or your ****** web site cant seem to gimme what i want whytf am i gonna waste my time? its technolgy evolve!!!!!!!!
73553harris 1 year ago

@73553harris Your just a broke ass loser with no money, no women, and no crib

Your a hater because your life is a total failure...Money talks and your ******** walks.
SnodyKnives 1 year ago

I like his Movember effort, very Hitler-esc.:D

Easy to be put off by his "shtick".
Some of his videos are entertaining (particularly the the self-spoofing ones) and have decent production value.

But make no doubt, he has some serious skills and hours in front of those grinders as well as innovative design.
Helluva machinist... and his work is respected in the custom knife world.
Benchmade has picked up some of his stuff in the past for production.

He has ventured into kitchen knives in the past (santokus I have seen for sure).
Again, not my taste but this isn't some guy that just got a belt grinder over the summer, read some online tutorials, and decided to make knives...

I was told he sells good number of knives and knife-like things, so he is doing something right.
I too thought it was a satire when I posted it, thought his shop looked more of a pro, than an amateur, and now I know it is a real thing.

So, it comes down to a saying learned from a friend of mine. His uncle used to say "there is veal cutlet for every tomato". So true.

Snody makes some super clean tactical style stuff. He is actually a pretty cool guy, and respects the craft and industry, he is just looking to make some money off it lol. Can't blame him, that's for sure. Not sure he will make anything comparable to a J knife, but what he makes will be well made. And yes...he does do some silly videos lol

The first time I saw his stuff I was confused.

However when you strip away the gangster rap/bling slant you see that he is a devoted craftsman that is always completely positive about his products and the custom knife industry as a whole, he is innovative both with his products and his marketing approach. I believe that he promotes his products as well or better than any custom maker I can think of. Also the promotion is relentless and it has earned him nearly a half million views on youtube. It is not just him making the knives, but a small crew. He chose the ganster/ bling demographic to go after but in reality with his skill set I think he could be catering to any demographic he chose to focus on.

I saw several of those kitchen knives on his table at the USN show in Vegas the first day. Before I could return to take a closer look they were all sold. Not sure if the USN crowd could be considered "foodies" but they seemed to want his knives

Yeah, Mike is a bit unusual in his marketing methods to say the least, but they seem to be working quite well. At least his stuff is tongue in cheek and not outright BS like a number of folks that some of have seen in the tactical side of the game. By all accounts, he is a really good guy and his stuff is very well designed and made and some of those reviews even come from folks that you might consider to be traditional forged blade snobs. If he does get into the kitchen knife biz seriously, I would not be surprised to see an entirely separate and different marketing campaign from him, perhaps one where he speaks with a feigned Franch accent, designed to appeal to yuppie scum who have to much money and time on their hands and need stuff to decorate their barely used $12,000 pro-grade range. :D

Latest posts

Back