My Kuri Kogatana Maker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Some pictures of forging in progres of Kuri Kogatana maker that i have in store :)

Mister Etudou from Sanjo

Kuri black smith.jpg

Kuri black smith (1).jpg

Kuri black smith (2).jpg

Kuri black smith (6).jpg

Kuri black smith (13).jpg

Kuri black smith (17).jpg

Kuri black smith (18).jpg

Kuri black smith (19).jpg

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=606

I got one of those ~1month ago. It is a very very well made knife with superb F&F I use it for anything from box opener to my goto knife when I work on my projects. Before I had a cheap stamped kiridashi but this one is really something and well worth the money.

Next week i'll get one! I'am already sure it will be great! I'll come back as soon as i test it. But considering 2 points :1- who is the vendor ( Maksim) , and 2- he can't have bad items being that professional, i am sure this is the right choice. I don't know where to use the knife yet ( i just like the knives and this one too)- i thing that will be a tool to grab when needed.

Whoops, check on the URL Maxim. Doesn't appear to be working.

The Kuri Kogatana is superb! Really nice F&F!
Gets quick dull due to it's shape, but the resharpening is a piece of cake. What's funny: due to it's size it can be resharpen on small Tomonaguras!
Nice contrast between Jigane/ Hagane. So in general: a nice small multi-purpose knife!
I have ordered the Makiri fishermen's knife from Japan, same with Saya, it will be a nice handy addition!

Back