Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Midtech's

I trust Bill as well

My experience with Bill has only been pure pleasure. He is honest, he is gentle and one of the few people I have met that won't deliver a second.

That is what the ABS would prefer, but i think that it may still be a bit of an "honor system"
    Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    last time i talked to a MS a blade not forged or not finished by the maker is not to get theMS stamp (not sure if thats still the case )

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    hello every one from the rocky mountains. I am still at the mine so will keep this short. Since I will not be hitting these knives while they are hot they will not recieve the MS stamp.

hi Bill any new updates

When and where are these going to be available? Did I miss it?

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    I wil have a couple at the ABS EXPO in San'Antonio the end of this month. these will prototypes and will be more custom than mid tech. Right now I have a 240 mm gyoto and a 88mm petty, if all goes well I will have a 180mm slicer to go with the other two. I did a bunch of cold forging on the 240mm gyoto then thermal cycled it a few times above and below critical the a spherodizing aneal and a triple quench. I am going to sharpen and do some test cutting tomorrow. Also going to have a killer damascus 210mm gyoto laser there as well as the 210mm Tamahagane yanagiba and a couple of other kitchen type knives as well as a couple of hunters. I have the sheet 52100 in hand now for the midtech's just got to get my patterns drawn up in cad and take everything to the water jet guy.

Sounds like somebody might get lucky in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    I wil have a couple at the ABS EXPO in San'Antonio the end of this month.
    Just put in a word with the spouse. I'm tentatively going to this. All it would cost me is a day off work and a tank and a half of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Just put in a word with the spouse. I'm tentatively going to this. All it would cost me is a day off work and a tank and a half of gas.
    And 1+k in knives

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    And 1+k in knives
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter