Quantcast
Midtech's - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Midtech's

What will the pricing be on these knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    And 1+k in knives
    Lol not unless someone gives me a few grand to but them a knife. I'm moving this month.

Is that kind of thing allowed, actually? Do they all go to auction? If it is, I'd totally be a proxy.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    It would be great to meet you face to face. There will be an auction at the banquet but only for items donated to support the ABS. Most of the knives in the room will be a first come first serve kind of thing. There will be a preview time where no selling will be allowed. This lets everyone look around and see if there is something that they really want. If there is a lot of "want " for a makers knife he may do a raffle drawing for it/them but most don't. As far as I know proxy buying is no problem and has never even been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    Lol not unless someone gives me a few grand to but them a knife. I'm moving this month.

Is that kind of thing allowed, actually? Do they all go to auction? If it is, I'd totally be a proxy.

Sweet! Who wants a Burke from another Burke?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    I wil have a couple at the ABS EXPO in San'Antonio the end of this month. these will prototypes and will be more custom than mid tech. Right now I have a 240 mm gyoto and a 88mm petty, if all goes well I will have a 180mm slicer to go with the other two. I did a bunch of cold forging on the 240mm gyoto then thermal cycled it a few times above and below critical the a spherodizing aneal and a triple quench. I am going to sharpen and do some test cutting tomorrow. Also going to have a killer damascus 210mm gyoto laser there as well as the 210mm Tamahagane yanagiba and a couple of other kitchen type knives as well as a couple of hunters. I have the sheet 52100 in hand now for the midtech's just got to get my patterns drawn up in cad and take everything to the water jet guy.
    Bill, what size and thickness sheet of 52100 were you able to score and more importantly, where did you find it?

I was able to obtain some 1/8th inch from sheffield supply. it come in 6inch wide and three feet long. seems to work good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Bill, what size and thickness sheet of 52100 were you able to score and more importantly, where did you find it?

I think the Mid Tech Burke is a horrible idea because it would put it in a range I might end up buying one! After seeing Colin's suji Bill has been at the very top of my list but can't afford a 1k+ knife even if I could get in on one ... at mid tech pricing and availability the wife and I might have to have a conversation or two. Please no one keep me informed about this *cough* Bill I PMed you my email*cough*

Kind Regards

Bryan

Any chance we can get an inside scoop on a profile...pic of a cardboard cutout perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Any chance we can get an inside scoop on a profile...pic of a cardboard cutout perhaps?
    there might be a way to arrange that. I am heading to the mountains today but I'll put something up when I get back home.

I love this profile:
    http://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=89203

The more I look at the sheep horn, the more I love it.
    Anyone got a feel on Bills horny handles: what do you prefer musk ox or sheep horn?

+ Reply to Thread