Japanese Knives Guess whats in the box ;)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
So, here's the teaser shot... can you guess whats inside?

376234_10150406719128860_369479678859_8479104_1670885364_n.jpg

If it was smaller I might have a guess :razz:

not ashi or gesshin ginga... its a new product from a maker we've been carrying for a while now

Opps I was looking at the knives under the boxes in the case. Densho, maybe?

Gesshin Hide kasumi gyutos and pettys/ and or sujihikis?

just the gyutos, but spot on ;)

(please excuse the crappy picture... its 8pm here and i just came back from dinner to work... on my day off ;) )

resized_IMG_4201.JPG

Really nice profile/ finish. It really reminds me of the mizuno I once had, though considerably thinner.

actually, these guys arent that thin at the spine (thin behind the edge though)

Havent used one yet... not sure if i will have a chance with the list of people who are interested in picking one up

and i would call the finish kasumi, but to make sure i got this one right, i spent time with the blacksmith and sharpener, showing them what i was looking for

Why don't you tell me how I'm supposed to feel comfortable pulling the trigger on a nice 210mm something when every other day you post a teaser about the next big thing "coming soon." Why don't you tell me that Jon. I'm unsubscribing from your newsletter! ;)

NICE. Have you cut anything with them?

Oops, my bad. Lag time... Are you gonna "keep one for the shop?"

havent figured that out yet... long list of people who want them... we'll see

i will say that the sharpener is THE sharpener i have the most respect for in all of japan... and the blacksmith is up there too... some of the most talented people i've met

On a sidebar what are you expecting from JIN?

not so much as what i'm expecting in, but what i already have in (about 30 or so of his knives)... taking pictures is taking me some time... especially with all the other stuff that keeps coming in. I've had a bunch of jin knives in store for a couple of months now.

Uh oh, considering how much time I spend thinking about the gesshin hide honyaki this spells trouble haha. this might be a more realistic one for me :)
Are the profiles pretty similar between the two?

Back