Another New Knife from Canada - Not a Kitchen Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This fighter just showed up in the mail today.
It was made for me by George Mason who is a pretty new maker. But you would never know by the quality of his work.

I really like it!
Sorry about the bad photos.

A few details;
Overall 13&3/4", blade 8&1/4"
Steel CPM D2
Wrought Iron Guard
Stabilized Redwood handle

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

Nice!!!
Canadian's sure are great knife makers, eh? :D

Realistically, what would one do with such a knife?

Realistically, what would one do with such a knife?

I like to go hiking along the rivers and mountains around here.
The only problem is the number of cougars, bears and bigfoot.
So if you see one of them you show them your big pointy knife and they run away.
If they don't run away,.....I do.

Just teasing. The only thing I will be using the knife for is as part of the display on my table at knife shows.
The rest of my time it will just be part of my collection.
I like the maker. He is a young guy that is a pretty new maker. I think if he keeps at it he will make a good name for himself.
Then I will have one of his early knives that I can sell for big bucks and get rich and finally retire. ......or not.

I like to go hiking along the rivers and mountains around here.
The only problem is the number of cougars, bears and bigfoot.
So if you see one of them you show them your big pointy knife and they run away.
If they don't run away,.....I do.

Just teasing. The only thing I will be using the knife for is as part of the display on my table at knife shows.
The rest of my time it will just be part of my collection.
I like the maker. He is a young guy that is a pretty new maker. I think if he keeps at it he will make a good name for himself.
Then I will have one of his early knives that I can sell for big bucks and get rich and finally retire. ......or not.

I tend to lean towards the "or not":razz:

I'd use this as a camping/hunting knife. I think it's just short of being a wall hanger, but makes a really great looking working knife. This knife just needs a really nice leather sheaf.

I'd use this as a camping/hunting knife. I think it's just short of being a wall hanger, but makes a really great looking working knife. This knife just needs a really nice leather sheath.

Latest posts

Back