Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife sharpening classes

Knife sharpening classes

ok, I'm going to try to take a J knife sharpening class. Can members give the contact info or link for a class they have taken and some feedback on the usefulness of the class. I live in Cincinnati, OH. anything close to me.

Closest to you would be Dave.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Nine hour, 500 mile drive. Or fly. Gotta be something easier.

I don't think you will find many people teaching classes on knife sharpening. Your best bet would be to look for a store that sells Japanese knives (like Korin in NYC), or see if you can find a forum members near by who could show you their technique. I found it very effective, and the rest is practice.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    ...Your best bet would be to look for a store that sells Japanese knives (like Korin in NYC), or...find forum members nearby who could show you their technique...
    Yup.

Did the class at korin.

In the last 20 min? If you did it a long time ago, what was the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ucmd View Post
    Did the class at korin.
    Then you should hook up with forum members.

M

If you are looking for someone better than korin that teaches classes, there's 3, they are in pennsylvania, oregon, and california.

Really not that informative. sugai although very talented does not speak English. You'll note that their website calls this experience a knife sharpening demo. Not a class.