Quantcast
My First Quality Kitchen Knife Purchase, Thanks!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Quality Kitchen Knife Purchase, Thanks!

My First Quality Kitchen Knife Purchase, Thanks!

Thanks to recommendations from this forum I ordered a Konosuke White #2 Wa-Gyuto 240. This was ordered after finding that the Hiromoto AS gyuto and Carbonext were out of stock. Any comments would be appreciated. I am still learning. Thanks Again!

You could have done a lot worse, lol. Be sure to let us know how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    You could have done a lot worse, lol. Be sure to let us know how you like it.

Ouch!! That hurt!!! lol. I believe in buying quality tools but on a teachers salary and kids in college this was it. Its not the tool of my trade just a blade to be used in our kitchen.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Tinh is a knife snob
    The konosuke will do well by you for quite a long time. Is it your first carbon knife?

Nice! I'm guessing you didn't mean the honyaki one with an ebony handle. THAT would be an insane first purchase.

This one's gonna blow your mind, I am sure of it!

you are going to love it. i use three konosuke knives on a regular basis and really enjoy them.

just take care of it and you will have something special that will last you a long time
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    Ouch!! That hurt!!! lol. I believe in buying quality tools but on a teachers salary and kids in college this was it. Its not the tool of my trade just a blade to be used in our kitchen.
    Well, I don't deny being a snob but I actually was trying unsuccessfully to be complimentary. Sorry! I have a KonHD which is essentially a clone of your knife in a different steel and it is one of my favorites.

Great knife. You won't be disappointed!

tk59 thanks for your posting, working for the federal gov for 20 years and public education for the last 7 I have pretty thick skin!!! Sorry if I misunderstood the post, I have appreciated all of your comments. The knife snobs on this forum are why i am here. You are the ones that myself and others can learn from.

Andrew H, this is my first kitchen carbon steel knife, I realize it is going to take extra care. What recommendation would you have? I doubt spraying it down with Rem Oil is the preferred method here!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
    ...I realize it is going to take extra care. What recommendation would you have?...
    If you live in a fairly arid environment, there's not much to it really, you
    just wipe your blade often with a damp cloth while you're cutting until a patina develops. Then you wipe less often. Once you are done cutting, you need to dry it completely. If you live in a humid environment, you may need to wipe it with camelia or food grade mineral oil after use to keep it from rusting.

+ Reply to Thread