Quantcast
270 Gyuto
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 270 Gyuto

270 Gyuto

Just got this one finished up. Steel is W2 with hamon, Handle is Blister koa from Mark with SS spacers and ebony ferrule and buttcap.

As the first NEW knife in my new forum, i would like to get your guys' thoughts on it

Mike

I think you should send it to me.

Seriously, it looks very good. The hamon is kinda low, maybe. Is the finish uneven or is it the hamon?

Thanks!!! It is the hamon. Does a weird dance across the blade. Also i took the pictures outside on a crappy day(today) and you can see weird reflections.

It looks nice, Mike. Hard to tell how much flat edge there is out from the heel in this pic; looks like it pretty quickly starts to curve upwards? If the first 4 inches or so are flat it is nice profile. The like the handle material choices, and it looks like the handle has a nice taper.

Damned gorgeous, Mike! I'd use it in a heartbeat. Your knives have a perfect balance of useable and pretty. Very nice work!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    ...looks like it pretty quickly starts to curve upwards? If the first 4 inches or so are flat it is nice profile...
    It looks flatter at the heel than a TKC or a Konosuke/Suisin/Tad. I don't think those knives have poor profiles.

I really like the looks of it Mike. How about a spine shot?

Sorry going to have to wait until the new owner posts some lol. Thats all i got. I need to set up for better pictures. I will finish my photo booth tonight, then start getting multiples of each knife. Oh, it is flat for 4.5 inches before it starts the upsweep.

Lookin good Mike!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Looks good Mike! Well done!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com