Quantcast
Gesshin Hide 240mm Blue #2 Hon-Kasumi Wa-Gyuto- Special Project - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should i keep one for myself?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 80.00%
  • No

7 20.00%
  • Maybe, but if i were you, i'd take one of these (post what you would keep in a post below)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gesshin Hide 240mm Blue #2 Hon-Kasumi Wa-Gyuto- Special Project

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I think you should keep it (for a while at least). Get to know it, sharpen it, and then resell it as an upgraded blade that also has a 'Broida' edge on it. I think people would probably pay a bit more to know that you have tinkered with it and found a good combo of stones/angles to really make the blade sing. This way you get to try it out, add value, and have a satisfied customer. Maybe even send a personal note on sharpening suggestions.

k.
    Now THAT is an enabler suggestion if I ever heard it. Would probably work too...

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I think you should keep it (for a while at least). Get to know it, sharpen it, and then resell it as an upgraded blade that also has a 'Broida' edge on it. I think people would probably pay a bit more to know that you have tinkered with it and found a good combo of stones/angles to really make the blade sing. This way you get to try it out, add value, and have a satisfied customer. Maybe even send a personal note on sharpening suggestions.

k.
    haha... i dont know. When i test out knives, i tend to be kind of destructive, trying to see how far i can push things. I couldnt do that to a knife i was planning on selling. Also, i almost never sell things that i pick up anymore... i have a hard time parting with them.

Anyways, i'm still considering this. This knife would push me into the $800+ range for what i've spent on knives this month... and i know i have more stuff on the way. Its funny... i'm pretty sure i spend more now on my knives and stones than i ever did before.

You could do a middle of the road approach. Have it available for sale, but if all 5 aren't sold by 12/23, you're snagging one...

Keep one. You own the shop, you buy the knives, so you should be the first to use one and try it out extensively. Maybe you'll use it for a while and notice something about it you don't like that you could have changed for the next ones. Better you notice it first. And if the knife is totally awesome you'll know firsthand that you need to buy more the next time and they'll sell very well

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Keep one. You own the shop, you buy the knives, so you should be the first to use one and try it out extensively. Maybe you'll use it for a while and notice something about it you don't like that you could have changed for the next ones. Better you notice it first. And if the knife is totally awesome you'll know firsthand that you need to buy more the next time and they'll sell very well
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    ...This knife would push me into the $800+ range for what i've spent on knives this month...
    What else did you get?

Sponsors
    a couple of prototypes i'm working on... cant really say more for the time being... sorry
    They're both 240mm wa-gyutos though.

Keep it, then sell it to me when I get back to L.A.

Sponsors
    haha... i'm honestly surprised at how many of you would buy this knife after i test it out. I still dont think i would sell it if i picked it up.

+ Reply to Thread