View Poll Results: Should i keep one for myself?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

28 80.00%
  • No

7 20.00%
  • Maybe, but if i were you, i'd take one of these (post what you would keep in a post below)

0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gesshin Hide 240mm Blue #2 Hon-Kasumi Wa-Gyuto- Special Project

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    haha... i'm honestly surprised at how many of you would buy this knife after i test it out. I still don't think i would sell it if i picked it up.
    Why not? Finish sharpening is very common and I think everyone knows you'd look after knives just as good as anyone. Another thing is that when you get a knife "finish sharpened" you have no idea if the knife has been used or not, once it's out of the box it could have been used for ages and you wouldn't know because it's been sharpened anyway

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    Why not? Finish sharpening is very common and I think everyone knows you'd look after knives just as good as anyone. Another thing is that when you get a knife "finish sharpened" you have no idea if the knife has been used or not, once it's out of the box it could have been used for ages and you wouldn't know because it's been sharpened anyway
    +1. Exactly what I was gonna say. I would rather buy a knife from you even if yo had used it a fair amount because I know you care for it. I don't want a pristine knife, I want something that if used, has been well maintained.

Also...I like how you said there were five people who wanted one. You ordered five. Five people voted no for you to keep one. LOL!

well, i put 4 up for sale on the website for the time being while i mull this over

I'll try to get pictures up soon (for that and a few other pictureless products on the site currently)

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    +1

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a knife test driven for a while by Jon (assuming it arrived cleaned up and sharpened). I might even prefer it.

As to whether you should keep one, one upside (other than growing your collection) would be your ability to write a more thorough description for your website, making them easier to sell. And as has been shown, you could always sell it down the road at a small discount without much trouble.

i have used knives by literally every maker we carry, so i feel comfortable talking about the craftsmanship, grind quality, heat treat, etc. But, yes, its always nice to use each knife. Not always possible, but nice.

That being said, i've used a number of knives from both the blacksmith and sharpener (both in combination with each other and in combination with other people)... thats a big part of why this project started

Why don't you tell me how much my Ino order is going to cost me so I can decide whether I can afford one of these too?

Ok Jon, I'll buy one, pay it off over a few months, and during that time you use it and then send it to me. 6 month payment/test drive period? ...4 month?

When are the sexy photos going to be up?

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

my goal is friday (store is closed on thursdays)... here's one of all of them for the time being:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111116_132550.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	2860

alright... you guys have me seriously thinking about keeping one. Problem is i know if i keep it, i'll never sell it. Oh well. I think i'm going to give them about 2 weeks after i put up the pictures and if one is left, i'll probably keep it then.