Quantcast
Special Order Gesshin Hide 195mm Mioroshi Deba - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special Order Gesshin Hide 195mm Mioroshi Deba

beef stir-fry tonight -
    Gesshin Hide Mioroshi to cut beef and Gesshin Hide Kamagata usuba for the vegetables.
    Both knives lightly stropped on Takashima Awasedo.
    Look forward using these knives again and again

still checking out the Mioroshi.
    1st knife I own with a mirror finish - is there an easy way to maintain that finish?

Congrat geezr.

I have always been keeping my eyes on Hide product. With mirror polish, I am still new to this endeavour too. In Oz, there are not too many options. I have started trying 3M polishing paper which is available in 30u down to 1u. Still negotiating with micro-mesh distributor in Sydney for some of their pads and liquid gloss products.

Thanks schanop,

Enjoy the Mioroshi and look forward to using it but when I see the mirror finish I get really careful and even slower cutting

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    they arent just multipurpose knives and they dont always do a better job than a deba. I always want people to understand that they are a combination of a yanagiba and deba and should be used as such. Using them on poultry, for example, is not what they are for. You can pick ones that work better for that kind of thing, but you need to have that in mind when picking one out. For example, ginsanko is awesome for that.

I get a lot of people asking about them as japanese style chefs knives and so on... you'd be surprised
    ya, i find mine to work really well with poultry and cannot imagine ever using a honesuki or hankotsu and even though the mioroshi is not made for that, i find it to work the best.

i guess i should stop filling everyones heads with nonsense lol
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Stop by any motorcycle shop....a product called "Semicrome". It's a pink paste like compound that will put a mirror finish on metal.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    they arent just multipurpose knives and they dont always do a better job than a deba. I always want people to understand that they are a combination of a yanagiba and deba and should be used as such. Using them on poultry, for example, is not what they are for. You can pick ones that work better for that kind of thing, but you need to have that in mind when picking one out. For example, ginsanko is awesome for that.

I get a lot of people asking about them as japanese style chefs knives and so on... you'd be surprised
    Jon: When would one properly a mioroshi deba as compared to a regular deba?