Starting 3/13/11

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I will be offering a 10% discount through 3/19/11 to any poster here on KKF for St Patricks day. (Yes, I'm of Scotch/Irish descent and I have the family tree that goes back to Ireland in 1758)

To get the discount, go through the ordering process on the web site and enter "KKF" in the comments section. I will refund 10% of the purchase price for the board. This will be good for all the stock sizes as well as for any special orders.

I will be offering a 10% discount through 3/19/11 to any poster here on KKF for St Patricks day. (Yes, I'm of Scotch/Irish descent and I have the family tree that goes back to Ireland in 1758)

Aha !! ;)

I knew there was a good reason I liked your work so much!

What part of Ireland - and how did you go about tracing back that far?

Most of the records here are very sketchy, hard to find and only recorded / available in written form.

There were three brother with the surname Stevenson. One was a sailor, he came to the US and the other two remained in Ireland. I don't know what part of Ireland they were from. The family tree I have is hand written and shows them as the start.

My Dads family was from the foothills of NC and that area was settled mainly by Scotch and Irish immigrants. Not sure where mothers family originated.

BTW My deceased mother hated me bring this up around her. Her family was from Alamance county in NC. My middle name, an old family name, is the same as Jessy James middle name. His family also originated in Alamance county NC and moved west. Coincidence?

sold

I was planning to order something in the next couple weeks, but this I will have to jump on.

David:

I noticed that you offer boards without rubber feet so that both sides can be used. Can you explain some pros and cons of using both sides?

Also, if your boards ever happen to warp or become uneven (which, from what I've read, has not happened), do you offer a service to refinish or flatten your boards?

Thanks.

Michael

I just ordered one but paypal did not show comments field, is it possible to get the discount still?

mhlee - Pros and cons of the rubber tipped feet. They add stability to the board and keep it from moving during use. The last thing you guys want while using those "scary sharp" edges would be a board you had to chase. They add shock absorption when chopping, air circulation underneath the board to help prevent warps and they are high enough to allow for an easy handhold when moving. I also add the wooden holders to give it a higher end look rather than just attaching them to the bottom of the board.

I have refinished boards in the past for some customers. When they leave the shop I make them look as much like new as I can. Once the boards leave the shop I rarely hear from my customers unless there is a problem. There may be some warping issues I haven't heard about so I can't say for sure if that has happened or not.

I do know of two though. One poster on KF who had a board for several weeks put his in the sink and ran hot water over it for 5 minutes and expected me to replace it. It arched up like a mad cat and had mildew on it. He ended up giving it to his mother. The other one was a 24 x 36 maple board with no feet that sat in a drop or two of water. The end lifted up like a ski jump but eventually came almost all the way down.

mainaman - I will take care of the discount tonight.

Thanks David, I have been holding for a very very long time on a good board, but now I could not pass.

David,

I ordered a maple board from you on 3/13/11 before I saw this thread. Any chance I can get the discount too? No worries if it's too late. They are a great deal with or without the discount.

Thanks,
David

David,

I ordered a maple board from you on 3/13/11 before I saw this thread. Any chance I can get the discount too?

More than happy to honor the discount. Just took care of it.

Thanks David! Can't wait to welcome another one of your boards to the family. It's such a pleasure to be use an object made with such obvious care on a daily basis.

David,

Thanks for this sweet sale. I have bee thinking about buying a board from you for a long time but have been moving quite a bit. This sale made me say screw it and just buy a board. Now I need to figure out if its going to fit in my apartment... Well, i have been thinking about moving... hmm

-Chuck

Thanks for the info David. Do you have all of the woods in stock except for Mahogany?

Back