Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFS......................

Tom's setup is pretty cool and he has a pretty big box of scales, can't wait to see and test out a finished knife. He definitely has some ideas going down in Seagrove.

Kyle I have a few pieces of Tom's pottery and they both look nice and function well for the task.

Quote Originally Posted by tgraypots View Post
    my sister knows she has a knife coming her way!
    That'll give her time to duck!

Mano, she just doesn't know from which direction it will be coming!

Thanks Jared. You know you'll be the first to try one!
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Tom is really easy to find on the net. I wonder how much he would charge to make custom dog food dishes? With the name and an emblem denoting the dog raised on the side of the bowl?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

After a frustrating day yesterday, I got back on the grinder today and ended up finishing up grinding the sides and drilling tang holes in the rest of what I had cut out. It's amazing what a fresh approach and a new 50 grit zirconia/alumina belt can do! I'm still trying to figure out ways to utilize this old potter's wheel, w/o bogging it down! More to come-Tom

Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Love those Kiritsuke's Tom. One's for me right?

There is some really cool looking geometry on those. Hope they keep progressing well.

Thanks guys. Spike, I use pots that didn't meet my expectations for bowls for our cats, dogs when we have them, and water for our free range chickens. Special orders are not my forte.....one of my many quirks. I can put off a special order for yeeeeeeaaaaarrrs, in hopes they no longer want it. Usually works. Sorry man. Our last dog developed a taste for free range chickens.....had to find a new home for him, where I hear he is happy as can be. One day I want another Chesapeake, but I don't think he/she would get along too well with fowl around, and my son and I do like our fresh eggs. Mike, I love the kiritsuke profile concept, and can't wait to get one finished up. I'm a long way away from letting knives go out to guys like y'all! My skin is waaay too thin. One of my favorite movie lines from way back is "I'm sensitive as s**t." bcrano, thanks about the geometry comment. All I want is to make knives that feel comfortable in the hand, scream "SHARP," hold that edge for a reasonable time, and make folks want to pick one up and start preparing food for their families and friends. You guys think that's too much to ask? :-)
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

[QUOTE=tgraypots;64156]After a frustrating day yesterday, I got back on the grinder today and ended up finishing up grinding the sides and drilling tang holes in the rest of what I had cut out. It's amazing what a fresh approach and a new 50 grit zirconia/alumina belt can do! I'm still trying to figure out ways to utilize this old potter's wheel, w/o bogging it down! More to come-Tom

Well I would certainly think you can, I used a similar set up for grinding and polishing for years. We at least could sharped pocket knives.
    http://www.buehler.com/productinfo/g...limet_1000.pdf

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    Love those Kiritsuke's Tom.
    The one on the far right... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrano View Post
    There is some really cool looking geometry on those.
    That little parer at 9 0'clock is begs to be picked up.

Nice stuff Tom.