Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from SE USA

New from SE USA

Greetings all. Stumbled across this forum today while searching for a new set of knives to be primarily used by my wife. She is a great home cook and deserves better than our current garage sale knives.

I came across the Bob Kramer Shun knives. Liked the look and okay price point. Going to start with one all purpose kitchen knife. And if wife enjoys #1 then can move onto #2 and more. I've read that some believe there are better values with equal aesthetIcs, which is expected of personally branded product lines. Like to hear your opinions, especially alternative purchases. Thank you for the opportunity to benefit from your knowledge.

Welcome, Grant, be prepared to be educated!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Welcome! Great to have you! Man I love helping people looking for knives.

My opinion should be qualified with this statement: If you love a knife, and can live with the price, buy that one. Nobody can tell you what you like best!

But that said, those knives are mighty expensive. I mean, if you are talking about This One, it is competing in a weight class with This One(a very fine quality Japanese-made knife) and This One(made by a single talented American craftsman).

Welcome. Hope you stick around even after you find the right knife.

Grant,
    Welcome....be prepared for massive information overload. This bunch has it going on.

welcome!

I've been reading and I've been
    learning. I am indeed on overload!

Next thing is moderating the addiction before it gets out of control....time management...you know.