Quantcast
More Iron Chef America Knives - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More Iron Chef America Knives

Lol! I hear that.I try to only watch the show when Morimoto is on,but to be fair I haven't seen any of the new Iron Chefs in action.

Symon is really good. I particularly try to catch his episodes and Morimoto's episodes. The new guy (Forgionne?) seems pretty good as well, but he's only had a couple of battles that I have seen.

Symon is pretty entertaining.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Saw one of Chuck Hughes' sous cut lobster knuckles w/ a Suisin western gyuto.

symon is a tool. it took me a while to realize it but its truth in my eyes.

garcia and MM are the only 2 i want to watch.

fogione is the son of larry whom i used to work for and i still couldn't be bothered to watch his battles

You watch the food network

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Blais was using a wa handled suji or yanagiba on the last show. It was a quick shot.
    I noticed that too! My girlfriend was watching with me and I pointed it out to her...she rolled her eyes at me as usual.

It's so funny that when ppl go onto iron chef america, you can tell what they are looking for. If they are just looking for bragging rights, they will pick Flay or Cora. If they are looking for a challenge, they will pick Morimoto or Batali. I think Batali is the only one with a perfect record... correct me if I'm wrong, I don't keep up with the show at all. Morimoto rarely gets picked and I think it's funny.

And I saw Blais and his wa-suji last night! I coulda sworn it was a devin thomas knife and my gf was getting mad cuz I kept pausing it to see if there was any kanji or the trademark 'devin' arc on it. Turns out it was a japanese suji tho. Antonia uses Shuns and a yangiba that I can't quite tell who makes it and Mike has either a Togiharu or Kikuichi hammered knife.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Recently i saw a very cute,very young female chef sharpening an S1 on a waterstone in her intro/bio to iron chef.She was cooking Italian food,did i mention she was easy on the eyes.I can't say i was looking for knives when she cooking
    I also saw her. She is Emma Hearst. I met her. She and the chef proprietor of the restaurant I work for are part of the Slow Food Movement and we did an event together. She is pretty friggin hot in person. I didn't like in her intro that she had that nenox knife she was just sharpening jammed tip down into her cutting board. Made me cringe a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rysara View Post
    I didn't like in her intro that she had that nenox knife she was just sharpening jammed tip down into her cutting board. Made me cringe a little bit.
    I guess when you are from a billionaire family you don't need to worry about knife tips.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson