Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: More Iron Chef America Knives

Has me kind of wondering how they went about it for the original Iron Chef? I think I remember seeing a book out about it some time ago but I can't help but think that they didn't do anything as much as this show does. I even remember seeing they setting up the dinning area while they were a little half way done, and they had to make ALL of the dishes. So I'm thinking that they really did eat right after they finished. Maybe someone else can chime in and give a little more light on the subject. But that is why the original will always be the best.

I think the American one is better.

Why?

Alton.

There is an idea for another show-Iron Chef Slowfood! 24 hours to transform the secret ingredient!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

What does everyone think of the show "Chopped"? Seems like a true "black box" test.Some of the ingredients are pretty wacky though.

Just don't ask the guy from VV! Whata grump!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I love the show chopped for several reasons. The first reason is that from what I can tell they are 100% legit when it comes to surprising the competitors with the ingredients. Second, unlike Top Chef (another favorite of mine) they don't look at the last meal prepared as the end all be all, they look at the complete meal to make their final decision. I feel this second reason is why Top Chef is not my absolute favorite show currently as some of the past winners clearly had a very weak body of work. Third, my wife has a crush on Scott Conant so that is another reason why we watch .

Chopped is a fun show to watch cause I'm always thinking, mmm what would I do? I still haven't seen "Chopped All stars".It hasn't aired in Canada yet.

Chopped is a great format, but the judges are usually 2/3 moronic opinion-givers, and Ted Allen is MEAN.

The format is really great, it's what I actually do every day, my wife just can't get in on it.

A 24 hour Iron Chef would probably be all about dishes like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    i would say they probably (with the exception of MM) dont know much about knives.
    I ran into Morimoto at Korin twice, and I get the impression that he's very passionate about his knives and stones. He certainly has a lot invested in them.
    I really am related to Tony Clifton.