Quantcast
Salmon with Mioroshi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salmon with Mioroshi

Salmon with Mioroshi

Training myself to cut fish in the Eastern style. Getting better but I can't do it blindfolded yet.

Enjoy.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I like the dementions your using there but I don't know your hand size or knife size, What ya using there

Excellent vid, thanks. Looks like your mioroshi is working out pretty good for you.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    I like the dementions your using there but I don't know your hand size or knife size, What ya using there
    THIS.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Another cool vid, thanks.

Nice vid! But why are you removing the grey section of the filet just inside the skin (I'm sure it has specific name...)? When I make skin on salmon this is some of my favorite parts of the fish! Is it just for presentation?

When I was working in the Bay Area and doing the same kind of fillets, the dark section would be the only thing left on the plate 9 time out of 10. So I always thinned that part down if to thick.

Quote Originally Posted by mateo View Post
    Nice vid! But why are you removing the grey section of the filet just inside the skin (I'm sure it has specific name...)? When I make skin on salmon this is some of my favorite parts of the fish! Is it just for presentation?
    Presentation for color yes but also a few other reasons. I don't like the texture, I feel it's pasty or chalky on farm raised salmon. Also it's where you'll find the more fishy odor that some find offensive especially on salmon. I leave it on with skin on presentations like wild king salmon, red snapper and wild striped bass. But any time the skin comes off, ahi tuna, grouper etc, I like to remove it.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

OOOO perdy. I'd been waiting for this ever since I saw the first video of this knife.

I do also like the salmon skin and grey, fatty layer, but I realize that I'm probably in the minority. How where the fillets prepared?

EDIT: oh, didnt see your above post (page wasnt refreshed). That's an interesting observation about the farm-raised stuff. I'd always avoided it for other reasons (higher mercury levels) but that's good to know.

I like the grey layer, too. Plus, I was saddened to see the head get ditched - there's a lot of good meat in and around the head. So... with that, I think I'm in an even smaller minority than you, Justin
    Len