Quantcast
New Boards
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Boards

New Boards

Hi. I am a new member, but have been lurking for quite a while. I finally had an excuse to get a couple of new cutting boards when we decided to redo part of the kitchen. I contacted Dave and he was absolutely great to deal with and the boards turned out to be works of art (I almost can't bring myself to use them...ALMOST!). Both are 16 x 22; the first one is a cherry center with a walnut border and a trash chute (which matches the color in the granite almost perfectly) and the second is solid walnut. I have been using about 2 oz of mineral oil (both sides) every week, as well as after each washing.

That first one is amazing! Very jealous! I need to get me one!

Holy crap! Those are spectacular.

X2, 3, 4, etc. Beautiful boards!

A trash chute? Never heard or seen such a thing! Makes sense though. Beautiful boards. Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    A trash chute? Never heard or seen such a thing! Makes sense though. Beautiful boards. Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    Neither had I. But when I finally get Dave to make me a board, I love the idea of a trash chute.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    The debris chute was an idea I hatched up with another customer who wanted to scrape the cuttings directly into a sink diposal. With the first ones, the feet were inset a little further towards the center of the board to allow for the sink rim. I have put it on several others and it is always a hit. I hope to alter the web site next year and I believe it will be offered and pictured there.

If anyone has any ideas to offer for other options, I would be happy to discuss them and maybe add them at a later date.

Wow both are stunning. The Boardsmith strikes again.

I first saw the debris chute in the pictures of the island that Dave made and thought it was a great idea. In the picture, the sink behind the board has a disposal in it and the board is used oriented at a 90 degree angle to the picture. It hangs over the edge of the sink with no problems (the sink is bottom-mount), thus no foot manipulations are necessary. It is very useful if I have large amounts of material to cut. I just put a container in the sink and push the diced onions (or whatever) into the container. Much easier than using the back of the knife. When I'm done cutting, I just sweep the left-overs into the sink. Takes about 30 seconds.

Beautiful boards. Jealous of the counter space for 2 of that size.

+ Reply to Thread