Handle Idea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D00264AA-5056-A345-0C3C6BBF54BFFE77[1].jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	2914

Mike

Stole this pic from Devin T, this is a sexy handle

What do you think ? could you do a variation on this ?

I won't straight up steal Devin's design, but i can do a cool variation for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    I won't straight up steal Devin's design, but i can do a cool variation for sure
    If Devin was selling mokume ferrules I would straight up steal it.......I would just give him credit!!

What is the ferrule made of ?

What exactly is Mokume ?

I assumed it was steel

Mokume is a precious or semi precious type of damascus(Gold/silver OR Gold/Silver/Copper OR Brass/Copper/Silver, or a lot of combinations of). What is on Devin's handle is damascus, I assume it is solid... That handle is amazing! I would love to do something like that.

Mike

I'm pretty sure you can steal "Wa handle with burl wood and mokume ferrule/endcap". It's not like Mr. Thomas' business model or anything! If he himself made another one the exact same way, it would still look totally different--different mokume pattern, different burl, etc. That is the beauty of this craft--one of a kind stuff.

+1. There's only so many ways you can stack a few layers together into a column. If you want to see a bunch of handles to plagiarize, go to Stefan's webpage: http://www.skeller.info/handles/gallery/index.php?cat=3

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    +1. There's only so many ways you can stack a few layers together into a column. If you want to see a bunch of handles to plagiarize, go to Stefan's webpage: http://www.skeller.info/handles/gallery/index.php?cat=3
    Hey, I saw that! But I agree, I think the combination possibilities are endless, but there are a few main themes that just repeat themselves. I have a few ideas for 'new' things, but I never get to them...

Stefan