Blade Buddy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a much better idea:

7404ecae.jpg

Rick, you pull out some of the coolest toys. Sweet!

Made by Martell, ehh?

I have a beard, and don't shave much, but when I do I still use a disposable. I "strop" it on my forearm (you can do it on your jeans too) whenever I feel like it is getting dull. Maybe 8-10 passes with some decent pressure. The last time I changed my cartridge was probably 18 months ago or so.

I'm not even awake in the mornings and find shaving to be easy enough. Shaving early also wakes me up more or less as I know I have to consentrate on what I'm doing. It also puts me at ease for the day, I like the rutine of it.

This item (OP) seems to be in the range of "Pet Rock" to me. More of an advertising money maker than a usefull item of anykind... but we all know that :p

I can't grow any real facial hair to save my life usually just have to shave the embarrassing pre-pubescent stubble off my face every 5-6 days. I can keep a 5 pack of razor refills for months. I've always wished I could go to a barber and get a straight razor shave, but it'd just be ridiculous for me to do so.

I can't grow any real facial hair to save my life usually just have to shave the embarrassing pre-pubescent stubble off my face every 5-6 days. I can keep a 5 pack of razor refills for months. I've always wished I could go to a barber and get a straight razor shave, but it'd just be ridiculous for me to do so.

Try the stropping. With light growth, infrequent shaves and probably not very tough hairs, you could probably get a year+ out of each cartridge.

Back