Quantcast
Look what just arrived (Spoiler: it's a knife)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look what just arrived (Spoiler: it's a knife)

Look what just arrived (Spoiler: it's a knife)

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share. Now this is a little bit of an odd choice admittedly but I got this knife to fulfill a vacant spot in my line up -- that of a petty (which it really isn't), and to see have Dave experiment with copper etching on it (which didn't work). I know I could have bought a lot of other knives instead that maybe made more sense -- for the $ or whatever, but holding it in my hand, I'm glad I got it none the less, and can't wait to go play with it when I get home!

The said knife is a Mr. Itou 180 small gyuto in R2 with an abalone handle. Another note, this is my first damascus blade. And it looks really cool up close...

(real photo when I figure out how to post one! but it looks alarmingly similar.)

Itou's offerings on JCK got snatched up pretty quick. Glad you grab one while you could. The abalone handle is pretty cool looking.

Awww the copper didn't take?

Stilll, that is a WILD pattern.

Itou's blades really do look spectacular. I remember seeing a post by Curtis (a long time ago) comparing the edge holding very favourably to a KD (Cowry-X). Can any/other Itou owners comment on their knives?

What's cool just from looking at it is the damascus feels very ridgy or defined... maybe it says something secret in braille???

How is the handle? How does it feel to hold it?
    Nice Knife btw

Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    Itou's blades really do look spectacular. I remember seeing a post by Curtis (a long time ago) comparing the edge holding very favourably to a KD (Cowry-X). Can any/other Itou owners comment on their knives?
    Tim, love my Itou, holds a great edge, no chipping etc. Never tried a KD, so I cant compare fairly. Love that knife.

Oivind, I had read that the handles are boxy -- and it is boxier than the handles on my other knives or a Dave rehandle for example -- but at this side it's not in anyway uncomfortable. I could see if it was a larger handle on a larger knife it could be annoying, maybe -- but not at this size...

There's certainly a lot going on there.

Cool knife boss....Ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !