• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke 240 gyuto/270 kikuichi suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I am selling two knives from my personal collection. To get some more supplies.

Fist one up is a Konosuke 240 gyuto with a hidden tang western handle.

Wood is Ringed Gidgee from Burl Source with a blue resin ferrule. Asking $180.00

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

Next is a 270 Kikuichi Elite carbon Sujihiki, asking $165.00. Great knife, just replaced with something more awesome from one of our vendors.

I believe the wood is Buckeye burl with nickel silver rivets. It has been a long time since I made the handle so if the wood is wrong, sorry.

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

PP fees and shipping included.

Shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

Thanks, Matt

Thanks, I've wanted one or something like it but let a few go and regretted it. The fact Matt makes terrific handles is a bonus.

Is the blade on the yo the same as the wa?

These are too cheap! I mean, seriously!

It comes in great condition, plus patina, finish sharpening, and custom handle(converted on the HD) for $10 on the suji and LESS MONEY on the gyuto.

You are insane.

Kikuichi sold.

I will get these both shipped out tomorrow.

Hope you guys like them.

It is not my intent to sell the knives for monetary gain, even with the custom handles (besides, i think the wood on the HD is mano's anyway). Insane? No, realistic; I am after all just a handle noob. I just like to do it when I have the time in order to relax. The knives are used and were sold as such.

I have been taking stock of all the knives I have and all the knives I plan to get and there is simply not room for them all. While both these knives are awesome cutters, they don't get used like they should and it is my hope the new owners get the chance to use them more. That and the funds will help with a new project. :D

Amen!!! It drives me nuts when I see used knives offered at a whopping 5% discount

Kikuichi sold.

I will get these both shipped out tomorrow.

Hope you guys like them.

It is not my intent to sell the knives for monetary gain, even with the custom handles (besides, i think the wood on the HD is mano's anyway). Insane? No, realistic; I am after all just a handle noob. I just like to do it when I have the time in order to relax. The knives are used and were sold as such.

I have been taking stock of all the knives I have and all the knives I plan to get and there is simply not room for them all. While both these knives are awesome cutters, they don't get used like they should and it is my hope the new owners get the chance to use them more. That and the funds will help with a new project. :D

My point was, I'd rather have one of these than either of them in new condition. I'd pay extra for them as they are, scuffs and all.

Knife arrived today and it's far nicer than the pictures. The handle is substantial but the balance point is just beyond the muni-machi. I also received another rehandle from Matt and will post pics on another thread.

Matt is The MAN!

Back