Quantcast
Some extra handles available - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Some extra handles available

#12 is SOLD, thanks!

Stefan

Just bumping this up, surprised that there is not all that much interest, maybe because I know they all look better in reality than on the pics... Anything wrong with them? Are they uglier than I think? Market saturated? Better alternatives? Too expensive? Everybody as broke as I am? Any comments would be nice, just trying to figure out how much energy to put into making extras besides my orders. I usually make them when I see pieces around that look like good matches and just add them too a batch. Throwing in a few own ideas besides making orders keeps it interesting. But if there is little interest, I may not do that as much anymore.
    Thanks,

Stefan

Stefan, if I hadn't just moved across country and tapped all my funds, I'd be all over these....
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I actually really wanted some of these, but stocking on diapers right now. I know there are a few other former spenders doing the same thing.

kalaeb I am right there with u on that one, pampers are expensive.

Thanks guys, don't have any, but I can see where the cost for kids interfere with buying knife handles But the question seems to have stimulated some people:

#13 is SOLD, thanks!

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Just bumping this up, surprised that there is not all that much interest, maybe because I know they all look better in reality than on the pics... Anything wrong with them? Are they uglier than I think? Market saturated? Better alternatives? Too expensive...?
    I'd buy more, but I need blades to put them on. The only thing worse than collecting pretty wood blocks is collecting pretty handles that used to be pretty wood blocks.

Just one suggestion (and maybe not a good one), but you should work out a deal with Dave (or someone) to do a 'handle package' to avoid the extra shipping cost and maybe get a reduction on rehandling too. This way you can ship it directly to the rehandle artist, we don't have to worry about reshipping, and maybe there is a bit of a reduction in the total package price.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

#13 is my favorite.

As Mr Dinky suggested, maybe work out a deal with Dave? I'd probably send my knife to Dave to install the handle anyway (and have the blade be pampered while there).

Thanks Karring, Dave and I are just working on that right now it's just different for different people: Some want to check out the handles first to male sure they really like them (and I prefer that also to make sure people are happy with what they get), others have them sent straight to Dave and trust they will look good when done. So, with the second variant, we could save a bit in shipping, with the first it would be as it is. As for the rehandling cost, that is Dave's decision and. Don't want to interfere there, but we have just talked again what I could do on my side to make work easier for him, hoping that might at least not lead to additional costs. I hope we will figure something out,

Stefan

I'll admit to coveting both #8 and #9. If I weren't trying to recover from some unforeseen expenses earlier this summer I'd be sorely tempted to pick one/both of those up right now even though I don't have a blade to stick them on at the moment....
    - Erik

+ Reply to Thread