I LOVE the 5th one with red & white mammoth tooth!! All of these handles are gorgeous.
Stefan, could you give us an update on which of these are still available? Thanks.
“Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter
Thanks everyone! All my extra handles are with Dave right now, and I am assuming that this list is current: http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningst...gory-s/153.htm Looks like they have been selling very slowly, maybe I am losing my touch... And I still have to follow up with a few people regarding a few other handles, will do that in the coming few days. Struggling with a motivational crisis right now. Unemployment is getting to me more than I expected, and while woodworking might be a nice distraction (and a bit of rent money), getting myself out of the house seems to be a problem right now... Will try to do better.
Yup that's all of the available handles Stefan.
I was roaming around in the shop and came across a few handles that are up for grabs. Will send them out to Dave in the next few days, but I thought I'd give you a quick preview:
Prices are a bit lower than normal on those, gotta sell to pay the rent, and I know that with Dave's fees it does add up. Too tired for exact measures right now, but they are:
1) Belize rosewood, copper spacer, spalted Cook pine ferrule. For a 300mm yanagi. Btw, I have another 'almost ready' handle in the same size (i.e. also very slim) in spalted koa with a blackwood ferrule. $140
2) Spalted Hawaiian signature wood, ironwood ferrule, probably best for a 270 gyuto. $130
3) African blackwood handle, Elforyn (artificial ivory) ferrule, fossil coral end cap. A black and white motive, if you will... Best for a 255 gyuto - i.e. it's a touch long for a 240 and a touch short for a 270. But I like my handles longer, so you should be fine with a not-too-beefy 270 on this. $140
4) spalted Hawaiian signature wood, redwood burl ferrule, translucent artif. Tortoise spacer. Best for a slimmer 240 gyuto or suji. $135
5) aussie red mallee burl, Cook pine ferrule, D-shaped. The wood has a bit of sapwood, looks more on the rustic side. Best for a 240 gyuto. $130
6) redwood burl, black horn, D-shaped. Thinner than #5, probably for a 270 suji or yanagi? Also a bit 'rustic', i.e. the burl wood has some micro voids or lines that are not worth filling with anything. $120
7) Afzelia xylay, marbled horn ferrule. This pic shows the ugly side, the other side is premium grade xylay, also called 'alligator pattern'. Probably for a knife between 195 and 210. $100
8) premium amboyna burl, black horn. I find it too small for a 240 but should be great on a 210 gyuto. Someone was interested in that, if I only remembered who that was. I will go through my mails again and put a hold on this until I have cleared that up. $130
9) stunning black ash burl piece, amboyna burl spacer, black horn. A bit chunkier, I would put this on a deba 180. If nobody wants it, I may put it on my own - probably would have already, but the ho handle has a white horn ferrule and I hate destroying those... $130
10) Spalted Hawaiian signature wood, black horn. Best for a 150 petty. $120
Give me a shout if you need to know more. They will be on their way to Dave on Saturday, so if yo want one shipped to you, you better be quick
Looking good Stefan!
I'll take #3 if available. Please PM payment info. Thanks!
Beautiful Stefan I really like #7
If #4 is still available, I'll take it unless your have a different preference for 240 Gyuto.