I LOVE the 5th one with red & white mammoth tooth!! All of these handles are gorgeous.
Stefan, could you give us an update on which of these are still available? Thanks.
Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few: Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter
Thanks everyone! All my extra handles are with Dave right now, and I am assuming that this list is current: http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningst...gory-s/153.htm Looks like they have been selling very slowly, maybe I am losing my touch... And I still have to follow up with a few people regarding a few other handles, will do that in the coming few days. Struggling with a motivational crisis right now. Unemployment is getting to me more than I expected, and while woodworking might be a nice distraction (and a bit of rent money), getting myself out of the house seems to be a problem right now... Will try to do better.
I was roaming around in the shop and came across a few handles that are up for grabs. Will send them out to Dave in the next few days, but I thought I'd give you a quick preview:
Prices are a bit lower than normal on those, gotta sell to pay the rent, and I know that with Dave's fees it does add up. Too tired for exact measures right now, but they are:
1) Belize rosewood, copper spacer, spalted Cook pine ferrule. For a 300mm yanagi. Btw, I have another 'almost ready' handle in the same size (i.e. also very slim) in spalted koa with a blackwood ferrule. $140
2) Spalted Hawaiian signature wood, ironwood ferrule, probably best for a 270 gyuto. $130
3) African blackwood handle, Elforyn (artificial ivory) ferrule, fossil coral end cap. A black and white motive, if you will... Best for a 255 gyuto - i.e. it's a touch long for a 240 and a touch short for a 270. But I like my handles longer, so you should be fine with a not-too-beefy 270 on this. $140
4) spalted Hawaiian signature wood, redwood burl ferrule, translucent artif. Tortoise spacer. Best for a slimmer 240 gyuto or suji. $135
5) aussie red mallee burl, Cook pine ferrule, D-shaped. The wood has a bit of sapwood, looks more on the rustic side. Best for a 240 gyuto. $130
6) redwood burl, black horn, D-shaped. Thinner than #5, probably for a 270 suji or yanagi? Also a bit 'rustic', i.e. the burl wood has some micro voids or lines that are not worth filling with anything. $120
7) Afzelia xylay, marbled horn ferrule. This pic shows the ugly side, the other side is premium grade xylay, also called 'alligator pattern'. Probably for a knife between 195 and 210. $100
8) premium amboyna burl, black horn. I find it too small for a 240 but should be great on a 210 gyuto. Someone was interested in that, if I only remembered who that was. I will go through my mails again and put a hold on this until I have cleared that up. $130
9) stunning black ash burl piece, amboyna burl spacer, black horn. A bit chunkier, I would put this on a deba 180. If nobody wants it, I may put it on my own - probably would have already, but the ho handle has a white horn ferrule and I hate destroying those... $130
10) Spalted Hawaiian signature wood, black horn. Best for a 150 petty. $120
Give me a shout if you need to know more. They will be on their way to Dave on Saturday, so if yo want one shipped to you, you better be quick
I will take 7 and 8 pm me with payment info. Thx eric
I'll take #3 if available. Please PM payment info. Thanks!
Beautiful Stefan I really like #7
If #4 is still available, I'll take it unless your have a different preference for 240 Gyuto.