Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Some extra handles available

the middle in the top photo is calling my name, sadly, I would have to buy a knife to put it on, good stuff here Stefan.

Well, too late now The middle one (cascara sagrada) for the 240 gyuto is sold - Thanks!. And just to rub it in, if you could see it in person, you would kick yourself for not buying it

All others still available.

Stefan

Looks like the best one of the bunch is still available to me.

You mean the funky one? I have more of that wood, I can make a set for you But just wait for another one I have almost done, a handle I had wanted to make for a long time and finally got around to...

Stefan

Ok, the D-shaped one (extreme right in the second group picture) is SPF. The milo handle (second from the right) does not to have many friends, probably because the figuring is not extremely exciting on this one. Last call for he milo handle for $90 shipped. If nobody snaps it up by tomorrow morning, it's going into a PIF box for Chris.

Stefan

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Honestly if you would post a pic of it by itself, I think it would do better. That dark line in the ferrule would stand out more.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    You mean the funky one? I have more of that wood, I can make a set for you But just wait for another one I have almost done, a handle I had wanted to make for a long time and finally got around to...

Stefan
    My favorite from this batch is the rosewood handle (third from the right).

D-shaped handle is sold, thanks!

The rosewood handle is my favorite also, I love this wood and am dortunate to still have a few blocks of it. The handle is a touch long for my Carter suji, otherwise I would have kept it for myself. Well, if nobody wants it, I can always cut it a bit shorter and stick it on there...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Honestly if you would post a pic of it by itself, I think it would do better. That dark line in the ferrule would stand out more.
    The handles are with Dave, maybe I can talk him into taking a couple of individual pics of the ones not sold yet? Huhu, Dave, you hear me? My marketing sucks, I gotta work on that. Maybe I show the next ones in short videos. If you have bought any custom handle here from any of the makers, I am sure they looked better in real life than on the 2-D pictures.

Stefan

Stefan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	215.6 KB 
ID:	17644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	17645

Woohoo, Dave found another handle we had both forgotten about. Blackwood with pre-WWII bakelite and color-matching mammoth tooth end cap. At 147mm its a slightly long 240 gyuto handle or it should work for a 270 also. 22 x 25mm at the tip, 25 x 27mm at the end. Throwing it into the fire sale which makes it $145 or $135 for recent customers. Thanks,

Stefan