Quantcast
Some extra handles available - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Some extra handles available

That was quick: The black and blue one is SPF. That only leaves the numbers 1, 3, 4, 5 in the above picture of the six handles available at this time. Not sure hnow long it takes for the next ones because I need to focus on orders. Well, I do have (very) few extras on the bench, but they are all smaller handles for petties and such.

Stefan

P.S. Patrick, your mailbox is full...

Black and blue one sold, thanks!

Stefan

emptied

Aww Man...

looks like i'm gonna have to pray to the knife gods and hope that there are some available when I have the funds...

Just following up here after a long time... There has been a bit of confusion and a lot of time has passed, but here is what I think we have regarding these older handles:

#s 1, 3, 4, and 5 in this picture here are still available and with Dave, ready to be mounted or shipped. #6 seems to have been sold, but I will have to dig deep to find out to whom - it has not been claimed from Dave, yet. If it is yours, please let me know... Please ignore all previous numbering and pricing for the handles in this picture, here is the current info, all prices plus $8 insured US shipping:

1. Hawaiian signature wood with a whitebait kauri handle, made with a longer suji in mind, should also work on a 270 gyuto, $120, 152 x 22/24 x 25/27
    3. Dyed spalted tamarind and horn spacer, nice for a yanagi 270/300, $99, 150 x 20/24 x 22/27
    4. Another very long and slim one, Belize rosewood, kukui nut ferrule, copper spacer, perfect for a 330 yanagi, $140, 157 x 20/22 x 22/25
    5. Hawaiian milo, spalted signature ferrule, fiber spacers, I see this on a (non-Watanabe) 270 gyuto, $99, 153 x 23/25 x 25/27

There is also one gyuto handle made from figured African blackwood with a spalted signature wood ferrule that is as good as finished - unfortunately, another one that was not entered on my order list and I don't recall who wanted it. Pretty sure that was discussed through PMs here, but the search function for those sucks... Will look on the weekend unless the interested person contacts me before that.

Finally, there is one other extra 240 gyuto handle coming up, it's drying on the finishing board as we speak: two-tone koa (mostly light colored sap wood) in an almost quilted quality, i.e. not the dense striping you often see, approx. 1/4" red amboyna spacer, black horn ferrule. Pics in a few days unless anybody jumps on it unseen.

I think that's all the 'old' and unclaimed stuff I have. Trying to get things in order where I lost track, I hope I am not selling things twice...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post

Finally, there is one other extra 240 gyuto handle coming up, it's drying on the finishing board as we speak: two-tone koa (mostly light colored sap wood) in an almost quilted quality, i.e. not the dense striping you often see, approx. 1/4" red amboyna spacer, black horn ferrule. Pics in a few days unless anybody jumps on it unseen.

Stefan
    Stefan, I might be interested but would like to see pics...

Thanks everyone, I have a bit of interest in the koa handle I mentioned, got stuck at work yesterday but will be in the shop and hopefully finish it up tonight. Will post pics then. Also have interest in the 'Hippie handle' which is on hold for a few days for now.

Stefan

Stefan is that a crack in the $5 handle and would it work on a 270 suji you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    Stefan is that a crack in the $5 handle and would it work on a 270 suji you think?
    No crack, this is stabilized spalted wood, but a piece that is not as colorful as others. The black line is just a spalt line. As for fit on a 270 suji, I would measure the handle it has now and try to imagine the sizes - can you imagine the handle to be a little longer/thicker/thinner etc than the current one? Would that still be comfortable? In most cases this works just fine. Oh, and I am happy to talk about the price but $5 is a little lower than what I hope for

Stefan

But I want #2
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

+ Reply to Thread