Quantcast
Some extra handles available - Page 5
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Some extra handles available

Just following up on this. Several people had reserved or paid for some of the handles listed above. When I started to sort and pack them, I found that a few looked like I could do them better. So, I went back and refinished several of them. That's why this has been taking a bit longer. Now, all of these handles are either done or on the drying board and need a few more layers of finish. But they should all go out by the end of the week at the latest.

I also got moving on other orders again, hoping that I can stay at it continuously dor some time now.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hi Stefan. First picture on post #31, fifth handle down on the right. Can you tell me what materials you used for this? I love that red spacer (if spacer is the correct term in this case) against the dark wood.

Also, I've always really liked the striped handle (third picture on post #31, second one down on the right). Very unique. I hope that somebody here buys it so I can see it installed!

I asume you mean the blackwood handle with the red spacer? That spacer is reconstituted stone, jasper in this case. The endcap is fossilized mammoth tooth, and there is some of the same red tone in the mammoth material, that's why I thought they would make a good combination. The ferrule is black horn. It's a bit on the shorter and stubbier side, would be nice for a smaller (180?) deba or any knife around that length if you prefer slightly thicker handles.

The striped handle is made from a piece that I picked up on ebay. It's purple heart, and it looks like they routed grooves in there which were then filled with American holly. The holly inserts themselves don't go very deep, so I could not really do much to the shape and left it round. I was thinking maybe for a cleaver which often come with round handles anyway. I have 2 more pieces of that material but they are a bit thinner in diameter. Definitely something different...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Hi Stefan. First picture on post #31, fifth handle down on the right. Can you tell me what materials you used for this? I love that red spacer (if spacer is the correct term in this case) against the dark wood.

Also, I've always really liked the striped handle (third picture on post #31, second one down on the right). Very unique. I hope that somebody here buys it so I can see it installed!

Thanks Stefan. Love your work.

Custom Handles

Stephan: I'm new to the site and love it! If you have a moment, could you shoot me a PM advising the process to acquire custom handles from you? Thanks, Charlie

Information on Handles

Hello! could you send me a PM on the procedure for contacting you privately to discuss appropriate handles and prices? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mint427 View Post
    Hello! could you send me a PM on the procedure for contacting you privately to discuss appropriate handles and prices? Thanks!
    Charlie,

Stefan's website has very clear instructions:

http://www.skeller.info/handles/test/?page_id=13

I can't beleive that Amboyna handle is still available

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    I can't beleive that Amboyna handle is still available
    I feel the same way, but it is being discussed right now...

Just to update this, the large amboyna handle is sold and the blackwood handle with the blue bakelite ferrule is reserved.

Stefan