Quantcast
What steel is Konosuke HD?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What steel is Konosuke HD?

What steel is Konosuke HD?

AEB-L?

I'm assuming it's clad.

Its a semi stainless mono steel. I am not sure exact composition is known.

Yeah, isn't it some secret proprietary steel. I wonder if Jon knows.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Why is it that the semi steels are unknown; same as the carbonext and TKC... reminiscent of the elusive "Swedish steels"...could mean anything.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

why is everyone so interested in knowing what steel their knives are made out of? I frankly find it unimportant considering heat treat makes such a huge difference. If I were a knife maker I would be interested in knowing what properties a knife has but in the case of buying one... its cool to know but frankly in my opinion I either like the knife or not and judging a knife as a bad one or a good one based solemnly on the steel is not my cup of tea. No pun intended, rather looking for a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by memorael View Post
    why is everyone so interested in knowing what steel their knives are made out of? I frankly find it unimportant considering heat treat makes such a huge difference. If I were a knife maker I would be interested in knowing what properties a knife has but in the case of buying one... its cool to know but frankly in my opinion I either like the knife or not and judging a knife as a bad one or a good one based solemnly on the steel is not my cup of tea. No pun intended, rather looking for a good answer.
    If you go to a restaurant and you get served something that tastes good, you don't ever want to know what's in it, lol?

Sometimes its just good to know. Because we are nuts and it provides topic of conversation. While knowing the exat chemical makeup is not aways important it may be a deciding factor for many, the difference between blue and white for example or 440c and aebl.

Quote Originally Posted by memorael View Post
    Just curious, that's all.

Double post, please delete.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

In an industry where everybody is copying everybody, it probably makes sense to keep your cards close to your chest, in part because if people copy your ingredients and fail to get best of them, it might discredit your product as well.

Sweden has supplied some highest quality steels for over a century and it has to do with the quality of their ore and to some extend their production - R&D, production method, etc.

Labeling something "Made of Swedish Steel" equates to quality, but the proof is in the pudding - many AEB-L knives from Japanese makers don't impress.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com