Quantcast
Where's the reviews? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where's the reviews?

I moved a bunch...if anyone notices any that I didn't move please shoot me a PM and I can move that too.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by johndoughy View Post
    I mean, I could copypasta the reviews I wrote for other things here for archival reasons, but figured that would be lame.

Are we supposed to review knives we have had for a while, or what?
    Yumm, you are making me hungry for copypasta!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I moved a bunch...
    Cool!

As for what you should or can or whatever review - do whatever you like - old/new/whatever.

Now that school is out, I have several that I have been needing to do reviews on.

6 or 7 - Harners (3 of them are the laser pettys)

1 - Ealy (and one of his neck knives)

2 - Carters (probably will skip these since they are nothing special and everyone here knows about his stuff)

2 - Zakuri

I might have some other stuff that's been in the kitchen for a while. Most everything that is listed has been since June I think.

About reviewing older knives, your "goto" baby as it where. You can review what it has been like for you in the long run as you don't see alot of reviews done that way. At least the ones I see are almost always a new knife that the poster just worked with for a week or so.

Look for reviews on the same knife your thinking of doing, how can I write something different to fill in the gaps of these other reviews... I love reading multiple reviews on the same knife when done by real people using the knife. Not the hype type reviews from marketing groups...

By putting a personal spin on the review you will connect with others of like minds and that will help them choose knives that seem right for them.

Just my observations

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    About reviewing older knives, your "goto" baby as it where. You can review what it has been like for you in the long run as you don't see alot of reviews done that way. At least the ones I see are almost always a new knife that the poster just worked with for a week or so...
    That's a great idea, DC. It might mitigate some of the "hype." Perhaps these long-term reviews should be in a separate section...

+ Reply to Thread