Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cocobolo BURL...Rosewood BURL!! knife scales.

I dont have to tell you how RARE this stuff is, And I would noot even be selling if I didnt need Christmas cash! If they dont sell B4 Christmas there going back into my stash till I make a knife with em!

I just listed 5 more sets of KILLER Cocobolo burl on Knife Dogs. I find it a better format because I can modify the post as stuff sells.

Please feel free to take a look at whats there, heres a sneak peek, I know some of you said you really liked a couple of these when I posted em in the WOOD thread in shop talk!

Merry Christmas!!
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 170.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	380.8 KB 
ID:	3027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 036.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	3028  

Attached Images Attached Images   

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I edited your first post and can edit your future ones as well if you would like to post details about those other pieces of wood. I will keep an eye on this thread for updates or you can PM when you need something changed.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Cool NEW Cocobolo burl knife scales and craft wood NEW

That would be GREAT Thanks Johnny. Ill just add them to this thread! Rather then starting a new one!

Cocobolo burl!!! I dont have to tell you how RARE this stuff is! I found a source and purchased as much as I possibly could this year. Its time to sort through and sell of some to re coop a little cash to buy some Christmas gifts and more Ironwood burl!!

Yea, Im a wood junky.. It should be in my title on this forum, Resident Burl Junky and knife maker.. lolol

I love beautiful woods and spend countless hours looking through 100s of web site to get my fix.. Now that would be OK if I just looked.. But I tend to BUY the woods when I find something rare or extra beautiful!

I almost HATE to sell these. But If I have to sell them. I would be happier knowing there oing to a fellow Knife Dog then just some random person. Take advantage of these because there probably the last ones I will ever post for sale! And after Christmas. If they have not sold, There going back into my stash!

All prices include shipping to USA. If you want a set shipped elsewhere please contact me for shipping quote

Set 1 Is a Spalted 3 color set thats got Rays and crazy figure on the amazing figure!! There also very large. measuring 7 1/2 X 1 3/4 X 3/8+" there is a small area that will need to be filled either with CA glue or epoxy.. A finer set of cocobolo you will not find!

$85.00
    SOLD

Set 2 Is a INSANE eye burl Its subtle beauty is amazing! I think its way nicer in person then the pic shows! Its 5 3/4 X 1 3/4 X 3/8+" minimum

$ 80.00

Set 3 This set is a bit shorter set, but what it lacks in length it makes up for is beauty and figure!!! Deep RICH colors!! 4 1/4 X 1 3/4 X 7/16" could be split into 2 sets of folder scales with room to spare!

$ 75.00

Set 4 is a HUGE set of killer figured burl scales! These are large enough you could easily get 2 large sets of scales!! Measures 7 1/2 X 3 1/4 X 3/8"
    No matter what you make with these, its gona be BEAUTIFUL!

$ 100.00

Set 5 Is a amazing set of DARK root burl. yep its cocobolo! These are exceptional figured and have alot going on. Just wait till there sanded and shaped and you will be like OMG I Would of paid twice that for this set of scales!!! They are 5 1/2 X 1 5/8 X 3/8" of usable. material.. there actually 6 3/8 long, but I measured to usable material rather then the whole scale!

$80.00 SOLD

Please post what number set you would like and your shipping info, I will PM you payment info.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 180.JPG 
Views:	472 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	3037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 072.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	3036  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 150.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	3035   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 030.jpg 
Views:	839 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	3033  

Name:	cocobolo burl and rosewood burl knife scales 170.JPG 
Views:	760 
Size:	380.8 KB 
ID:	3034  
    Last edited by JohnnyChance; 12-23-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Stabilized Maple Burl Blocks..

Stabilized maple burl knife blocks.
    Hey guys I have XL maple burl knife blocks, These things are beautiful and fully stabilized.
    These came from what I call a smooth burl, and the curl and rays in this wood are super tight and fine, reminds me of some of the Koa wood from Hawaii. As with most woods there may be areas that will need filling and or worked around. The pics really dont capture the curl and figure in the wood as much as I would of liked. But its one of them things thats hard to show in a photo.

These blocks are LARGE and you could easily cut them into 2 sets of scales or 2 knife blocks.
    I accept PayPal. and ship USPS.

Please post what block you would like or Ill take em for the 3fer deal and Ill contact you with payment info.

If you take them all. The price break will be great.. Total for all 3 blocks 125.00 delivered. SOLD

Block #1 is 5 1/8 X 2 1/4 tapering to 2 1/2 X 1 3/8" $50.00 delivered SOLD

Block #2 is 5 1/2 X 2 1/4 X 1 3/8" $50.00 delivered SOLD

Block 3 has a couple of worm holes that will need to be filled. But is exceptionally figured. Its 5 1/4 X 2 3/8 X 1 3/8" $40.00 Delivered.
    SOLD

Adding one more slice to sweeten the pot for you guys!! if you buy all 3 pieces this one is FREE!!! yep, the best slice of the bunch. This is the same wood as the blocks, Just think of the KILLER set of matching knives you can make with these! I have seen alot of beautiful maple, But never seen it with this type of curl, Its really like Koa! just beautiful!!!
    SOLD

Thanks for looking, Please post Block number or numbers and I'll PM you with payment details.

Name:	Stabilized burl 014.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	3038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stabilized burl 019.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	3039  

Name:	Stabilized burl 024.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	3040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stabilized burl 033.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	3041  

Last edited by JohnnyChance; 12-18-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Availible Knives

I'll take the long narrow 7 1/2 inch set. Set one in the cocobolo

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Number 1 SOLD

Pierre, You got it, PM inbound. Thanks

Availible Knives

Makes me want to build a full tang knife....That cocobolo is just incredible.....Some of the absolute best wood i have ever seen.....

yeah. if they had been blocks, i'd have grabbed at least one, for sure.

I just cut some Ironwood blocks tk59 and Mike. Wait till you see these blocks! I mean its some of the nicest ironwood I have ever seen!

Availible Knives

Dibs! on the freebie maple block if no one buys all three and Randy will sell it