Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Marble Horn for Wa Handles Connoisseurs Question

I really like it, but you knew this already seeing as I bug you about it everytime I see you. A $15-20 upcharge is fine by me.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

That's a cheap price to pay for good quality white marble horn.

I will try to procure it then.

Thank you for your input.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I found white horn goes well with dark woods like ebony and lighter like golden ironwood burl. I would not slap it just on any wood, in fact, I approach it very conservatively, but sometimes color compatibility can be just as powerful as a nice contrast. Putting blond horn on ironwood was an eye opener for me.

M
    I personally love that look. That's the one customization I always make if it's available. White horn with golden ironwood looking handle.

I would definitely consider a white marble horn ferrule for the custom I will be ordering from you, once you start a new lineup in January.

I am waiting for a sample to arrive.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

I am waiting for a sample to arrive.

M
    Just wonderng: Is that a from a new source?

Stefan

Yes, so I don't know what the quality is yet.

So let me do this, I will make two D handles with what I have, and then you guys express your opinion.
    Did you end up making these Marko? I would love to see pictures if so...

I don't know what the difference is between "blonde" and "white."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Did you end up making these Marko? I would love to see pictures if so...

I don't know what the difference is between "blonde" and "white."
    It's on my to do list.

Cow horn I have is 1" long. It's too short for ferrule, unless it is used in conjunction with a 1/4 thick metal piece at the tip, like Bob Kramer meiji.

I worked out the construction in my head, now need to make a prototype.

Blond and white horn is basically cow/steer horn. There are different grades of cow horn, and once in a while, literally white horn could be found. Best horn comes from South East Asia. Domestic (US) horn has delamination issues.

M