Quantcast
Water Buffalo Horn
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water Buffalo Horn

Water Buffalo Horn

Where can I buy the light colored water buffalo horn? I just like the contrast with some of the darker woods sometimes, Thanks

I think that Jantz usually has has "honey" horn for sale.

Good luck, David -
    Ask Stefan

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    I think that Jantz usually has has "honey" horn for sale.
    I just purchased a couple rolls of honey horn from Jantz. I have not received them yet but Im curious to see what they look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Good luck, David -
    Ask Stefan
    Those things are gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hattorichop View Post
    I just purchased a couple rolls of honey horn from Jantz. I have not received them yet but Im curious to see what they look like.
    The look brown when you get them, but finish a lighter shade of black. However, if you get lucky, you might get some with white streaks in it.

M

Is there a better place to obtain some quality horn. I'm noticing most of it comes from India, I might have to contact someone there. I also imagine there will be a minimum quanity I can order.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattorichop View Post
    Is there a better place to obtain some quality horn. I'm noticing most of it comes from India, I might have to contact someone there. I also imagine there will be a minimum quanity I can order.
    Most horn sold in US will have imperfections. For instance, the last time I bought 40 rolls of honey brown and 40 rolls of black from Jaintz Supply. I kept 14 rolls of brown and 5 rolls of black. Out of 40 rolls of honey brown, there was only one that I would consider a perfect roll, the other had partial or insignificant imperfections.

Horn is sold by grade, like wood, so it is possible to buy quality horn, but I just don't know of any dealer in US how can supply it. If you have a connection in India and can buy at the source, you will pay more, but quality will be better.

M

Hey Marko, I was beginning to think perfect horn was a myth, and you found a piece. Is it the streaking or hairline cracks or both that are getting rejected?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Most horn sold in US will have imperfections. For instance, the last time I bought 40 rolls of honey brown and 40 rolls of black from Jaintz Supply. I kept 14 rolls of brown and 5 rolls of black. Out of 40 rolls of honey brown, there was only one that I would consider a perfect roll, the other had partial or insignificant imperfections.

Horn is sold by grade, like wood, so it is possible to buy quality horn, but I just don't know of any dealer in US how can supply it. If you have a connection in India and can buy at the source, you will pay more, but quality will be better.

M

+ Reply to Thread