Real Cheap Stabilized Handle Material

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
After suggestions from a few forum members, I have decided to set up a section of our webstore where you can buy pieces of stabilized wood at really cheap prices.

If you go to our webstore, you will see a new category labeled Budget & Clearance Priced Wood
In this section of the store there will be 2 sub categories of stabilized wood;

Budget Priced Blocks - Stabilized blocks for $25 and under. Good stabilized pieces, just not as dramatic as the more expensive pieces.

Clearance Sale Blocks - Nice pieces marked on sale with a 40% discount. These are pieces that did not sell quickly and I got tired of looking at them, or I might think they are ugly, or I just took bad photos. Some of the prices are so low you could just use the block as a paperweight and you would still have gotten a good deal.

I just moved a bunch of blocks into the Clearance Sale section tonight. So you might want to take a look before the other guys get all the good stuff.

This link will take you to the new Budget & Clearance Priced Wood section of the store.

Oh nice! Man I always wanted to pick through the trash of an artisan, and now I can!

I'll put it on a trash second from Broadwell's shop. :biggrin:

Oh No:help3: I have a hard enough time not spending all my money as it is:O

Too late I couldn't resist:D

Brilliant idea Mark, not everyone wants show piece wood.:biggrin:

All of the clearance blocks have sold now.
I will try to add more to this category when pieces sit unsold for a while.

I have a few more big batches getting stabilized.
As the different batches arrive from being stabilized I will rotate some of the older pieces into the clearance section.

Great idea - everyone likes cheap! :D

Hey Mark, do you have any pictures that you could point me towards of a finished handle in the Australian Sheoak?

I don't think I have any saved.
Bill B used several pieces a while back. Maybe he has some photos.

Latest posts

Back