Quantcast
So many to choose from now...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So many to choose from now...

So many to choose from now...

Tablets that is. So Apple had the only option until recently, now there ar near a dozzen to choose form. I like the idea of Apple, but they don't support Flash. Who has, or what is the best tablet option, with the most speed/power/options?

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

If you are not in a hurry, I would wait for the Asus Transformer Prime which will be released in January. Speed and Power is very nice due to the new Tegra 3 Chipset and options. Well, with Android there are countless option.

I'm an apple guy. Lifer. The site of a pc makes my eyes bleed. That said, iPad is a great device, I would say life changing both in terms of work and personal interests. This even I didnt expect. There are so many great apps that others just don't have as fully integrated. I think you'd be really happy with an iPad.

I cashed in enough credit card points to get two wi-fi ipads. I have to admit it's one of the coolest gadgets I've ever owned. The lack of flash support is a non-issue. I think Apple is so far in the lead with the ipad that even when other makers come out with the latest and greatest tablets, they're still behind.

Sponsors
    Flash is super slow on that devices anyway and crashes all the time, so go for Apple
    Even Adobe have now stop working on new flash for mobil devices and go over to HTML5

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...bile-browsers/

The next version of Samsung tablet is going to be really great, Samsung also makes the IPAD hardware, it will have OLED and very fast cpu. No word on price it could get pricey with the OLED.

I bought an Acer A500 last March and have been very happy with it, for what it is. If I were to buy one now I'd probably go with a Samsung though, simply because they build the Ipad2's. My sister has an IPad2 and is happy with hers. But then she has become an "I" person, phone, pod, etc. I like the Android stuff simply because it isn't as proprietary as Apple stuff.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

I feel the same way as Tom G. about Android. My FIL has a Toshiba that he loves. So I have been leaning that way myself. I have had good luck with Toshiba laptops in the past.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by PierreRodrigue View Post
    Tablets that is. So Apple had the only option until recently, now there ar near a dozzen to choose form. I like the idea of Apple, but they don't support Flash. Who has, or what is the best tablet option, with the most speed/power/options?
    It all comes down to what you want to do with it.

If you are looking to surf the net, read some email, read a book or magazine, watch a movie or play a game like Angry Birds, the Kindle Fire is a great bargain. The only downside is the small screen. It lacks some nice to have things, like an external volume control, but it's a pretty capable little tablet.

The iPad remains, in my opinion, the premier tablet, but it is pricey. Don't be too worried about Flash, as Adobe has announced that it has ceased to develop it. In short, Flash is dead. Of course, if you need Flash to see certain websites that still use this technology (like www.rodrigueknives.com ) the iPad may not be for you.

Waiting is also a good option, as there should be some new Android based tablets out next year that look promising.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

Nice timing, I am also looking at buying a tablet. I like the look of the Asus Transformer Prime and I might try and get it in January. To be honest buying one is basically a luxury for me, basically a toy so I don't think I want to spend the money for the iPad when it is just something to muck about with

+ Reply to Thread