Quantcast
Dave Cole Memorial knife
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Cole Memorial knife

Dave Cole Memorial knife

Heres one that I just finished up. we made this in memory of knife maker Dave Cole.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

HHH Custom Knives T Shirts.

Wow randy that's stunning.

Thank you, It was a honor to make this knife. and it will be added to a small collection of DC knives and displayed proudly.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Here are a few more shots of this one. The handle was quite a challenge.

Beautiful... What's all in the handle?

The handle is a combination of brass and amber spacers with mammoth tooth and curly maple.

Beautiful workmanship on this one, Randy. Wondering about the amber: is that the 'artificial amber material' you get from the usual suppliers or the real deal - copal or amber? I always thought about using amber but don't know whether it needs lapidary tools to work it.

Stefan

Stephan. The piece came to me and was called Amber. But after sanding and shaping this piece. I believe its the man made stuff. not natural.

It was a very interesting challenge to sand these materials . The amber is much softer and easy to sand and the brass a little harder and the mammoth is very hard. Making sanding them even and uniform a real challenge to say the least..

Thanks Stephan for the complement on the knife. I appreciate hearing that from another artisan and creftsman like yourself!

Dave was a knifemaker, a leather bender extraordinaire and a really nice guy. A fitting tribute, sir!

Thanks jm,
    I did my best to make a piece worthy.. Dave was a great guy. and will be missed. Your description of Dave is perfect..

+ Reply to Thread