Quantcast
Site loading slow
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site loading slow

Site loading slow

The site is loading really slow at the moment, not sure if its just me or generally.

Not a big problem just feedback for info. I understand that more speed costs more money !!

Alan

No problems here.

I have been experimenting with it. When it is slow, if I click stop and try again it is usually very fast again. When it is slow, if you let it go it often won't load at all -- it says site not found. No problem with other sites.

However, Dave has more important things to do, like finishing my knife!

Keith
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

I'm noticing the same problem, just this site.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Hi guys, is it on each page? I'm seeing it as normal but my connection is crap so all I get is crap load times anyway.

For the record we have a very fast server and plenty of bandwidth and have everything optimized so if the site gets slow it's an indication of a problem more than bandwidth pr processing speed.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
    Dave

The only time I notice it loading slowly is on pages with a lot of pictures that aren't thumbnails.

Otherwise it's pretty snappy, especially when compared against sites loaded with ads.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    The only time I notice it loading slowly is on pages with a lot of pictures that aren't thumbnails.

Otherwise it's pretty snappy, especially when compared against sites loaded with ads.
    Agreed. Site loads fine for me on both my wired and wireless ISPs and on three difference devices.

It's been iffy on my phone.i'll check it on a comp someone.

Whatever was going on seems to have corrected itself

Not sure if anything was done or maybe teh server was just having a bad few days !!

I am back to normal as well.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig