Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relationship with your knives

Home cook now excited using single bevel knives - Gesshin Hide Mioroshi and Kamagata usuba and the small "practice" yanagi with Stefan's handle, sharpened by Dave The appearance of the knives, how they feel in the hand and feed-back when cutting are great and realize I am aware of this for the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    Use the weird one yet?
    Started going over it, there is a slight warp to it but I think it will be useable or maybe fixable. It's an odd one for sure

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    Started going over it, there is a slight warp to it but I think it will be useable or maybe fixable. It's an odd one for sure
    can't wait to see what you get when your done. Maybe Jon can figure out what it is.

Sachem sent me a knife, very much like a deba but thin around 210ish or so and 3" high, very much deba shaped. Tapering from 3/8th" at the handle to 1/8th" at the tip. Single bevel and concave on the left. Taking a pic of the Kenji.

I may take it to work to play with it a bit after I work the edge a bit to get a feel for what steel is used in it.