green bean casserole

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that the green bean casserole that Campbell's advertises this time of year is disgusting?
:scared4:

When I saw the title to this thread I thought, "Oh no, not that stuff."

I grew up with it. Rarely eat it. Still love it. :O

-AJ

The campbell's version is terrible, the dish itself is good.

The key is in the bechamel. Nail that and you'll be eating delicious casseroles and mac and cheese for years. Kraft Mac n Cheese commercials turn my stomach. I remember being fed that and just thinking it was the worst crap I've ever eaten.

I grew up with it. Rarely eat it. Still love it. :O

-AJ

Blech!

It was on our table twice a year at Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Mom only made it because she knew my oldest sister's husband liked the stuff.

After dinner and clearing the dishes, it was always just the same two scoops carved out of the corner of the pan that were missing.

The rectangle glass casserole dish and it's still largely intact contents was ritually put at the back door for the dogs to imbibe.

I remember the dogs' vomit that always seemed to follow their post-holiday, table scrap leftover feasts, as being remarkable- in that the substance didn't look much different than the beige-tan and green of the casserole when it came straight from the oven.

I can't stand to even look at a can of Campbell's Cream of Anything and the brother-in-law eventually cheated on my sister...

Blech! :puke:

Back