Media Three Brothers

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
IMG_1253.JPG

More to come.

You are learning the art of tease well. You been talking to Jon?

hey... 2k posts... congrats :p

cool pic... is devin not doing the same mini-plunge lines he was doing before anymore?

The plunge is slightly different on all three. The one on top is most noticeable, but in the low light I can't get it on camera. The middle one has one that is barely noticeable, and the one in the back has one in between the other two.

You are one lucky guy. Is one of those "spicy"?

***! I can't get one and you got three? lucky bastid. Show me the goods! this tease thing is killing me.

Devin Thomas ITK AEB-L 270mm Gyuto - 234g - 260mm edge length

Devin Thomas Secret Powdered Stainless San Mai 260mm Gyuto - 206g - 250mm edge length

Devin Thomas Spicy White San Mai 260mm Gyuto - 196g - 250mm edge length

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

The ITK was bought last fall, which I believe was the second run of of 270mm gyutos. The Secret PM Stainless gyuto is on loan from TK59, and has the cocobolo handle. The Spicy White has an English sycamore handle I believe, and is actually thicker than the PM version, despite being lighter. The balance point is farther forward on the Spicy White knife, at the front edge of the maker's mark, where the PM version balances just in front of the heel/choil. Thicker blade and lighter handle material push the balance forward. The ITK looks quite chubby compared to either of the "prototype" gyutos, haha.

Three brothers all named Devin, kinda like George Foreman's kids.:D

Back